konalavadome

feels like yesterday (new mix)

• 26 Replies

Peppermint

• Solo Gig
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 05:18:50 PM »
forumites!

you are very kind....tried to take on the comments i received, tried another mix, tweaked the video etc.

here it is...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFDDjAZvVLs&feature=youtu.be

Nighthawk, unfortunately i only read your comment after remixing,
you make such a good point about splitting the vocals in the stereo...i aways do that, and very extreme, started to do that one day, just thinking that is cool, but what you say is true...it is not working, i realise now

in this version, i am still doing that (a bit less, I hope) but that one i am going to take on board for next songs (i am a bit tired of this one now, i need to move on)

thanks, beautiful forum people!

After playing it a few times i have to say i like it  :)
I think it will grow on people the more they hear it.

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 04:36:53 PM »
Just came in for another listen :)

The more I have started to play around with keyboards the more I can appreciate

what you are doing. Not that I didn't before but from a guitarists point of view your work is

so far away from what I would normally listen to.

You seem to have started using some much better sounds (to my ears anyway). A I right in thinking

you have some new equiptment? I'm sure I read that somewhere. I'd really like to know what synths or vst's you are using now

as I'm really getting into playing around with keyboards.

I already liked your work but have a new appreciation now  ;D
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 12:18:46 AM »

dont know what the differences are but
do love those vocals and the spirit..
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

estreet

• Solo Gig
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 03:34:26 PM »
Hey Dutch,

I think you've really got this sorted now! The mix is working nicely and I think the video is great! and much improved-  although I couldn't compare it directly with the old one. The colours in that original subway shot are so great that I think you could have used more of the footage untreated, but that's a very minor point. You've got some great images going and the whole thing kept my interest all the way through. Nice one.

Youth & enthusiasm are no match for age and treachery.

Songsmith

• Solo Gig
  • If you can feel, you can write!!
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 01:43:12 PM »
Hiya Dutch,

brilliant stuff, I kinda go along with estreet on those more colourful subway shots in the 1st video but what the hell it is just a great production all round mate!!!!!!

Cameron Fielding

• Busker
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, 11:02:01 PM »
Great kick-along pulse which gets the feet tapping. Although natural accoustic instruments have been the mainstream focus for a number of years now, it's great to hear that somebody is still cracking on with synths. Variety is the spice and all that!

jmacdon

• Solo Gig
  • Give me a lyric and I'll give you a song
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2012, 11:00:17 PM »
Dutchbeat:  This forum is for amateur, wannabe, trainee, musicians and songwriters. 

You are a professional.  This song is better than anything i've heard in the clubs i've frequented (well, within a 6mile radius of Milton Keynes). 

What are you doing in this forum?  You are a star and if success hasn't found you yet, then the clock is ticking - because it's only a matter of time before you make it big.

Dutchbeat

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 03:49:46 PM »
Hi Guys, thanks for the comments!!!!!

thanks for listening to electronic / synthesizer music as well, i know it is not your favorite music

and Jmacdon, i hope you re not kidding me with your compliments...

anyway, thanks and i hope my next track will top this one..(do you know that feeling? that you always think your latest project is going to be your best ever?)

mihkay

• Platinum Album
  • Tune first....Lyrics long, long way second.
    • Mihkay Demos
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 02:36:17 PM »
Not my style of music but once again, great playing and production.  ;D

;D
I have no authority or standing here, only opinions. :-)

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 04:56:36 PM »
I know that feeling DB :) Can't wait to hear the next masterpiece  ;)

I don't think Jmacdon was being funny mate. Some people really do like your music!

I know that's hard to digest sometimes. "People actually like the songs I make"... but it's true mate  ;D

Even I do mate and it's not my sort of music at all  ;D ;D
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

bewarethisboy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 08:57:03 PM »
this is amazing really - I can see people losing it to this and can imagine what it would do to a crowd. Fantastic production values - thought vid was spot on too - not that I know anything about those to be honest
not really good at anything - but as long as I am breathing I will keep on trying

Kafla

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2012, 10:02:37 PM »
It is a masterpiece Dutchbeat  ;D