Songwriter Forum > Feedback on Works in Progress

Crash And Burn

(1/2) > >>

ChrisPrice:
I wrote the bulk of this song back in 2012 but shelved it as the original chorus was a bit too close to something well known. I just decided to do a partial re-write and record it as an acoustic song. I’m happy with what I’ve done, but I’m now wondering if it might sound better as a full band arrangement. I’d be interested to hear any thoughts.

It’s on Audiomack for now as I don’t want it on my Soundcloud page till I get some opinions. Posting it here as a tester so consider this a demo for the minute.

Crash And Burn
Words and Music written by Chris Price ©2012

https://audiomack.com/c-m-pricelivecouk/song/crash-and-burn

Passing through, I think I’m fallin’
and as I do, is it you there callin’ me
I left no stone unturned, some guys they can’t wait their turn
but I did and you watched me crash and burn

In the night, two ships were passing
Shinin’ bright, the sound of laughter’s loud
You said what’s yours is mine, that this thread it can save nine
She stitch me up and she watch me crash and burn

I was the man standing in your doorway, walkin’ no man’s land
So here I am, you can have it your way, take me while you can

If I knew then all that I know now
Would I spend another precious hour with you
There can be no mistake, one more hit for heaven’s sake
Kiss me then and then she watch me crash and burn

Whiskey Club:
I like your music generally @ChrisPrice but this is my favourite of yours.  I have my bias towards music that sounds natural though so I might not be the best judge but this is the one that I would play multiple times exactly as it. My kind of music that!

And now after a second listen, the auto play is giving me ‘Grace’ collab with Owen Hovenden.  Just wonderful.

Cheers - John.

ChrisPrice:

--- Quote from: Whiskey Club on January 25, 2024, 10:29:41 PM ---I like your music generally @ChrisPrice but this is my favourite of yours.  I have my bias towards music that sounds natural though so I might not be the best judge but this is the one that I would play multiple times exactly as it. My kind of music that!

And now after a second listen, the auto play is giving me ‘Grace’ collab with Owen Hovenden.  Just wonderful.

Cheers - John.

--- End quote ---
Thanks so much John. Yeah, I'm liking it as it is. I'll wait and see what one or two others think but I may well decide to call this the finished article. I do quite a lot of rock stuff so it's nice to turn the volume down now and then. The track with Owen Hovenden was recorded a year or two back. It's his song but he asked me to work on it. He runs another forum similar to this one.

pompeyjazz:
I really liked this stripped down style @ChrisPrice Sometimes us songwriters get so into our production toys that we forget that it’s really just one of us with a guitar / piano and perhaps we’re sometimes worried that we’ll be exposed. This is wonderful as it’s you at your best doing what you do. Of course you could ramp this up to a mega production but it works so well as it is and you certainly shine. Excellent work Chris 😀

Elvis Nash:
Hey Chris
Good track . the crash a burn cliche has been used a few times
but you did a good job paying off the hook
good job man !!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version