Songwriter Forum > The Bar

Matteo Mancuso

(1/1)

cowparsleyman:
If you've never heard of him Matteo Mancuso is an interesting guy, He's a young Italian and he can play well. (italy has a fine record of great players)

The unusual thing about him is that his Papa is a classical guitarist, and learned to play this way, and he has migrated over to rock/jazz...which has led to fast shredding, OK there's tons of shredders nowadays, but I've not seen anyone doing it this way (of course Classical players have been doing it donkeys years - David Russell's end of Bach's Chaconne is at the same speed as Matteo)

Anyway he's worth a listen, if only to see someone playing extremely well in an unorthodox manner.

I'm afraid I've always been more blown away by feel, than speed. 5 notes of passion are better to my ear than 50 of 'out-of-the-lick-library'

What do you think? Is he the next Fank Gambale?

If you know Rick Beato..you might find this an interesting watch. Maybe everyone here knows about him so apologies if I'm a tad slow..

Rich

Whiskey Club:
I’ve been listening to him for a couple of years now and he is in no small part responsible for my decision to stop studying guitar seriously.  I know of no finer guitarist.  I too like melody over speed but this guy has it all..  Just listen to him improvising over Giant Steps but remember to breathe. Genius.

Cheers -John.

pompeyjazz:
He was a great defender in Euro 2020 and snuffed out the Dutch defence but I didn’t realise he played the guitar, the talented git !

cowparsleyman:
@pompeyjazz - Sweet left foot, Gucci jumper for goalposts...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version