Save Me Now album

• 16 Replies

Nick Ryder

• Solo Gig
    • YouTube Channel
« on: January 19, 2024, 05:14:19 PM »
Dear forum friends,

I’m delighted to have released an album which I have been working on since 2021. It’s taken this long because it had to be right as it was only ever going to be released once. Whilst I wrote the songs and played all the instruments, I could not have achieved this without my good friend Matthew who mixed it, helped produced and also contributed to the drums, percussion and backing vocals.

It’s available on all the streaming platforms but I’ll include a Sound Cloud link below if anyone is interested in listening to it.

As ever, all comments good or bad are very welcome.

https://on.soundcloud.com/bXF9Zq6WH7KF9dZ88

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 05:18:57 PM »
It's a great listen @Nick Ryder I really admire the variety that you have on the album. Every track takes you to a different dimension. You can tell the hard work that you've put into this and the whole production is extremely professional - Good luck  :)

Whiskey Club

• Open Mic
    • Whiskey Club
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2024, 06:17:39 PM »
Nick, as you probably know I started listening to the album some days ago.  Then my wife heard and loved it so I had to go back to the start.  We don’t listen to music casually so have needed to carve out times to switch on the main system and settle in.  So far we have listened up to and including Somewhere New and got excited about the first few seconds of Dirty Town but had to pause.  Looking forward to the rest.

The chances that we won’t love the rest are vanishingly small.  Honestly, we think it is a monumental achievement to deliver something like this as a largely solo effort.  Every track has something unique but your identity as an artist shines through each one.  Favourite so far is The Man Behind The Camera.  This track is making rethink about the sounds I want to make.

In the old days when we went to shops and bought spinny-around things, I’d go out and but your spinny-around thing.

Congratulations - John.

Nick Ryder

• Solo Gig
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2024, 08:33:43 PM »
It's a great listen @Nick Ryder I really admire the variety that you have on the album. Every track takes you to a different dimension. You can tell the hard work that you've put into this and the whole production is extremely professional - Good luck  :)

Cheers, @pompeyjazz John.

Your support and comments are appreciated so much.

Nick Ryder

• Solo Gig
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2024, 08:35:44 PM »
Nick, as you probably know I started listening to the album some days ago.  Then my wife heard and loved it so I had to go back to the start.  We don’t listen to music casually so have needed to carve out times to switch on the main system and settle in.  So far we have listened up to and including Somewhere New and got excited about the first few seconds of Dirty Town but had to pause.  Looking forward to the rest.

The chances that we won’t love the rest are vanishingly small.  Honestly, we think it is a monumental achievement to deliver something like this as a largely solo effort.  Every track has something unique but your identity as an artist shines through each one.  Favourite so far is The Man Behind The Camera.  This track is making rethink about the sounds I want to make.

In the old days when we went to shops and bought spinny-around things, I’d go out and but your spinny-around thing.

Congratulations - John.

That’s so very kind @Whiskey Club John.

I love that you’re setting time aside for this and I hope the remainder of the songs live up to your expectations.

Please thank your wife too.

Salieri

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2024, 12:49:29 AM »
Although this is not my style, I think this is done very well, performance and production wise.
I don´t know whether you make music for a living, but I´m amazed with you (and a lot of you out here) how well crafted and creative you are!
It makes me almost anxious as a professional composer...

Theresa

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2024, 03:38:32 PM »
I am amazed. I listened to the whole thing and I didn't dislike a single song.
I might be biased because this is exactly the kind of music I like to listen to, but I don't think so, I can feel the quality.
I really really REALLY like your choice of instruments.
Out of all the songs my favorite ones are lets dance, green light and the madness of the broken and the fools, but again, I didn't dislike a single one.
The bridge in green light goes hard and the chorus from the madness of the broken and the fools is soooo good.

Nick Ryder

• Solo Gig
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2024, 10:17:18 PM »
I am amazed. I listened to the whole thing and I didn't dislike a single song.
I might be biased because this is exactly the kind of music I like to listen to, but I don't think so, I can feel the quality.
I really really REALLY like your choice of instruments.
Out of all the songs my favorite ones are lets dance, green light and the madness of the broken and the fools, but again, I didn't dislike a single one.
The bridge in green light goes hard and the chorus from the madness of the broken and the fools is soooo good.

Thank you so much.

All of this process is trial and error. There’s so many versions of these songs and over time, they evolve and improve.

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2024, 02:53:34 PM »
Well done Nick. I'm saving this one for a glass of wine later this evening, but I know it will be a good listen as I enjoy all your work. I hope it get lots of plays. :)

Bankie

• Solo Gig
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2024, 03:45:40 PM »
As you know, I'm a bit of a fan-boy. Got this lined up on YT Music for when I'm out and about. Well done on putting the effort into getting this done - I'm on my way to doing something similar, cleaning up and remixing (sometimes rerecording) the best of my old songs to get them ship-shape, but I'm a bit far-off, so this is a little inspirational that I can get there in the end.

Nick Ryder

• Solo Gig
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2024, 10:52:32 AM »
Well done Nick. I'm saving this one for a glass of wine later this evening, but I know it will be a good listen as I enjoy all your work. I hope it get lots of plays. :)

Thanks, @ChrisPrice - I hope it was a nice glass of wine :)

As you know, I'm a bit of a fan-boy. Got this lined up on YT Music for when I'm out and about. Well done on putting the effort into getting this done - I'm on my way to doing something similar, cleaning up and remixing (sometimes rerecording) the best of my old songs to get them ship-shape, but I'm a bit far-off, so this is a little inspirational that I can get there in the end.

Cheers, @Bankie That means a lot and I hope it lived up to your expectations.

Not sure if you're the same but I find that hardest part of this process is getting it over the line? We write, arrange, record, produce and mix, but its the letting it out into the world as a final version that is a real struggle.

Anyway, I wish you all the best with your project and look forward to hearing it.

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2024, 02:55:42 PM »
Impressive work my friend 8) apparently you've got a pro composer worried..or almost at least...LOL
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Bankie

• Solo Gig
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2024, 06:17:24 PM »
Not sure if you're the same but I find that hardest part of this process is getting it over the line? We write, arrange, record, produce and mix, but its the letting it out into the world as a final version that is a real struggle.
Yeah, I mostly agree. Once the song is "done", I find several things that I feel I need to tweak (often stuff that almost no one will notice), then find myself second-guessing whether certain ideas are actually working, or whether I've just listened so many times it has become normal to me. I'm now treating Soundcloud like a Beta version - i.e. I believe it's complete, but I'll reserve the right to do one final run-through/fix.

Elvis Nash

• Solo Gig
  • https://nashvillecalifornia.com/listen-page/
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2024, 06:19:50 PM »
Hey Nick , Good stuff , you have a great handle on productions
Good luck on promotion man

Nick Ryder

• Solo Gig
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2024, 10:48:33 PM »
Impressive work my friend 8) apparently you've got a pro composer worried..or almost at least...LOL

Oooh, that’s interesting. What do you mean? I hope I’ve not offended someone?