Songwriter Forum > The Bar

Music Distribution

(1/3) > >>

pompeyjazz:
Apologies if you know this already but I just wanted to share my experiences. I've used Amuse for a number of years to get my music published on streaming platforms. Not that they get many listens but at least the music is out there. My latest album release has been a fairly torturous process and 3 songs have been rejected as Amuse deems them to be "Podcasts or Audiobooks" This is all totally confusing as there is no spoken word content in any of the songs and I can't get any response from Amuse.

A friend pointed out to me that distribution is available via the "Soundcloud for Artists" feature which is built into Soundcloud Next Pro (I think a lot of us guys on here subscribe to that) I probably knew that already but had never investigated. The release procedure is relatively straight forward and despite a couple of (user error) hiccups I've now managed to get the release approved. The process is also relatively quick compared with Amuse (Approx 2 weeks) and your music is distributed to more stores. Anyway, hop this helps and you might also save a few quid ! Cheers, John

PeteS:
That is interesting John, i don't subscribe but might take a look.

I use EmuBands for mine and so far they have been brilliant, so easy to use.

pompeyjazz:
@PeteS Blimey, that’s another distribution platform that I haven’t heard of. There are so many out there now. Think I’m going to stick with SoundCloud from now on as at least everything is in one place !!

pompeyjazz:
Update from Amuse. Apparently the 3 song’s rejected contained AI content! Fuck knows what AI bot they are using to check song content and it seems that these songs and it seems that these platforms are ever increasingly using AI technology to vet music that doesn’t meet the bots approval. Something to think about. Won’t be using them again!

Skub:
I've used Distrokid for a long time now,John. I'm writing less and less these days,but I haven't had any bother getting songs accepted.

I think it's about 15 quid annually for Distrokid,though I really am wondering why the hell I bother anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version