Songwriter Forum > Introductions

(1/1)

Stehal:
Hi

I'm a 44 year-old from the very edge of south London looking, I suppose, to connect with other songwriters.

I used to do open mics but stopped a decade ago. Since then I've still tried to write songs, some I'm really excited about, but just can't seem to write any lyrics. As I always come up with the music first, putting words to it seems more and more like an exercise in shoe-horning words in. It would be great to make connections with others out there, even maybe collaborate.

My soundcloud has some work in progress songs on it if anyone's interested: https://soundcloud.com/stevenhalliday

Steve

CaliaMoko:
Welcome, Steve! I listened a little to your Soundcloud. I can't understand most of the lyrics--but you say they're mostly just filler lyrics and maybe some aren't even words?? The music is pretty and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Something I do sometimes for lyrics--I describe what I want my song to be about and/or include a few lyrics I've thought of and then ask ChatGPT to write a song from what I have. What it writes is pretty terrible but does give me a lot of ideas I can use for writing.

Vicki

Stehal:
Hi Vicki

Thanks so much for taking the time to listen to my stuff. That's right, just filler lyrics (mumbling) until I find something better.

Thanks for the tip about using Chat GPT, I hadn't thought of that but I might give it a go.

I appreciate your reply. I really enjoyed your music - Wall Seeker's great.

All the best
Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version