konalavadome

Our secret garden

• 19 Replies

Carlonely

• Busker
    • SOUNDCLOUD
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2024, 07:54:51 PM »
Great arrangement (love those synthesizers!) and great production.
The song itself is good an well done but I feel like the verse and the bridge build up for something more than the actual chorus is. Something a bit more catchy as it's definteley a pop song
Carlonely - JonasK

Salieri

• Busker
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2024, 09:09:51 PM »
Wow, this is very well done!
Nice chord progression and I like the female voice in the end as the icing on the cake.
Only thing would be that the striings in the end sound like there a few ms after the beat, which make them sound a bit computery.
Do you have a legato patch maybe? Otherwise push it back a bit.

crexes

• Busker
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2024, 09:20:40 PM »
Thoroughly charming joint
A very nice, almost trippy popsong
Great chord structure and perfect lyrics

I can't help but think it'd be better with less guitar
But that's just me.
Thank you for the great feedback!
Yes - I think the guitar could be improved. It came out way too harsh and I didn't manage to get a softer sound in the mix. Then I thought that maybe it is just me who thinks that and that no-one will notice :) But - I was wrong.  I have received that feedback quite a lot since I released the song.  :-\
Lesson learned!  8)

crexes

• Busker
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2024, 09:32:02 PM »
Great arrangement (love those synthesizers!) and great production.
The song itself is good an well done but I feel like the verse and the bridge build up for something more than the actual chorus is. Something a bit more catchy as it's definteley a pop song

Thank you for the feedback and I am glad you like the synthesizers :)
Very interesting and something for me to think about in the future... I have received similar feedback from others that the chorus doesn't lift the song as it could and it may be missing a hook. My goal was to write a soft, laid back, singer songwriter pop song without making to "poppy" - but maybe I overdid it and the song became too laid back in the chorus.
How you arrange and build your song is really interesting and involves a lot of strategy and decisions  :)

crexes

• Busker
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2024, 09:46:00 PM »
Wow, this is very well done!
Nice chord progression and I like the female voice in the end as the icing on the cake.
Only thing would be that the striings in the end sound like there a few ms after the beat, which make them sound a bit computery.
Do you have a legato patch maybe? Otherwise push it back a bit.

I am really glad you like it and I appreciate you taking the time to give me feedback. I spent a lot of time on the chord progression and I am pleased with how it turned out in the end - so I am really glad you liked it!

Very interesting how you noticed the strings in the end! I use Nucleus from Audio Imperia as string library and there you have the option to offset notes for realism. However, I found it sometimes tricky to get them in the right place... and yes I use legato as well. Good catch!