konalavadome

Wedding Invitation

• 9 Replies

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« on: March 03, 2024, 11:00:56 PM »
You're all invited to my wedding, which will be held in my backyard on April 27th, weather permitting. We recommend jeans and flannel shirts, which is what we plan to wear. I'll need a head count for food!

Really, it would be so awesome if any of you could come, but I know that's far too much to expect. So I'm going to see if I can share some pictures to fill the gap. And here's a brief back story, if you want it.

Those of you who know me are aware I lost my husband to a heart attack in January 2023. We were college sweethearts. Well, it happens I had more than one sweetheart during my college days, and last fall I connected with another one. We eventually realized we "clicked". Again. Formal proposal on the beach in Florida! This post with pix is from my Facebook page, but I think anyone should be able to see it. If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll figure out a way to make something work.

https://www.facebook.com/vmgoble/posts/pfbid02zXFKDLKNEmdcKyaw8ewzWJR47cjku6dJtAUD4ctiMtMNMSJXwk4LMwENsMgkWJnsl

Sincerely,
Vicki

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2024, 10:56:16 AM »
@CaliaMoko - Blimey V, congrats to you and your pending husband, so surprised, but sincerely happy for you...Watch out for that mississippi moon?

Wishing you all the happiness in the world, I'm sure Roger is fine with it.

I'm afraid I can't be there, but I will be in spirit, I'm also afraid that I might be eaten by a Timberwolf....

Will there be any music from you on "The Day"?

R

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2024, 12:49:09 PM »
@CaliaMoko - Blimey V, congrats to you and your pending husband, so surprised, but sincerely happy for you...Watch out for that mississippi moon?
Woh! There's an idea. We'll have to put Mississippi on our "visit sometime" list. We do plan to come to Europe at some point. One of my best friends lives in Germany--she and her husband have offered their house as a "home base" while we're there. That won't be this year, though.

Wishing you all the happiness in the world, I'm sure Roger is fine with it.
I suspect Roger *orchestrated* it!

I'm afraid I can't be there, but I will be in spirit, I'm also afraid that I might be eaten by a Timberwolf....
I suppose that's possible, but we mostly just have coyotes around here. Timberwolves tend to stay way back in the woods and I'm surrounded by a big field.

Will there be any music from you on "The Day"?
Good question. I haven't thought that far quite yet. It seems likely, though. Especially if my musical friend comes. We always play and sing together. I probably better ask him right now....

Thanks, Rich! It is so NICE to feel good again!

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2024, 02:11:44 PM »
@CaliaMoko !! Wow Vicki - congrats. I'm so delighted for you. Great to find happiness with your new man - love the photos!

I would love to go but unfortunately not a runner - hopefully there'll be opportunity to catch up during your European tour! :)

Looking forward to the photos and maybe a recording of you performing at your own wedding - that would be something!

K

CorkingCrackBand

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2024, 09:57:20 PM »
Hi @CaliaMoko

Thanks for the photos, Vicki. My sincere congratulations, I'm pleased you've found happiness in... old love?  ;D

All the best for the wedding - attendance would be a near impossibility for me but thank you for the generous offer and my best wishes for both the big day and your future.

Best wishes,

Lee

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2024, 07:31:52 PM »
Yes, @MonnoDB it would be great to connect when we do get to Europe. I know it won't be this year. Maybe next year.

You're welcome, @CorkingCrackBand -- old love, yes. At the time unavoidable circumstances intervened and, in retrospect, we realized it wouldn't have worked out then, anyway. Now is the perfect time!

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2024, 11:54:51 PM »
Fantastic. Congratulations to you Vicki and your Mr Man. Wishing you many years of sweet music together. 😍

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2024, 10:11:21 PM »
Congrats Vicki!

A good day to get married on... it's my birthday! :P

Have a great day! :D

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2024, 06:25:25 PM »
@5 guys named Lars @Sterix

Thank you, thank you! And, I'm honored to get married on your birthday...!

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2024, 08:42:53 AM »
Such fantastic news! Many congratulations and wishing you deserved happiness together!