Songwriter Forum > Recording

BIAS FX

(1/3) > >>

PeteS:
Is anyone using Bias FX for guitar tones?  I'm struggling a bit with recording tones I really like.

pompeyjazz:
Hi @PeteS I’ve never tried BIAS but swear by Guitar Rig

PeteS:
Thanks John, I've thought about switching but don't want to throw away what I've spent so far.  But I meant end up there.

PaulAds:
Yeah…I’ve just started using it…I found it really good thus far…there’s a Marshall preset I use that I thought was great…and a Mesa one that I really like for lead stuff too. Both needed a little tweak though…there was recently a giveaway of a slightly cut-down version…but it still offers maybe a dozen amps…which is more than I could imagine ever needing.

cowparsleyman:
@PeteS - Hi Peter, great to hear from you...I tried BiasFX quite a while ago, and found it way too tricky to get a tone I liked, they sold it as flexible, but in use it was was wasting my time, so I tried a whole bunch of others, and in my opinion the easiest to get a good sound right out of the box is.....Ta Daaa..

1. IK Multimedia Amplitude 5 max - huge range and very easy to get a great sound
2. Scuffham v3 - OK but a tad niche
3. Waves PRS amps - very good value for money
4. Plugin Alliance do some re badged UAD emulations like the Friedman, Diezel and the Dumble (Fuchs ODS) emulations.

You get very good Marshall, Fender and Mesa Boogie sounds with Amplitude, their bass amps are also very good (Ampeg, Trace Elliot, Fender etc)...btw it was a fellow forum guy that put me onto Amplitude and Scuffham. If you wait until Shrove Tuesday (sorry Black Friday) you'll get a very good deal

Hope this helps

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version