Youtube 'home-recording for beginners' videos

• 5 Replies

The Holographic Rodeo

• Busker
  • Singer/songwriter & home-recorder
    • Bandcamp site containing my latest EP and previous 2019 album
« on: October 08, 2023, 07:30:13 AM »
I think most of you on this site are far beyond needing this, but I thought I'd share in case its useful to anyone. I'm in the process of making a few tutorial videos, themed around home recording and mixing for beginners and/or anyone that is working to a tight budget.

So far I've done ones on EQ and Compression - I'm hoping to slowly add to them over the coming months, including a few step by step videos on recording and mixing a song from start to finish.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2023, 08:26:58 AM »
@The Holographic Rodeo Great little video and you break it down and make it understandable. These type of videos are invaluable for any of us who want to achieve better mix results. I’ve been immersing myself in lots of Reaper tutorial videos recently and seem to pick up a new tip every day. Nice work 😀

The Holographic Rodeo

• Busker
  • Singer/songwriter & home-recorder
    • Bandcamp site containing my latest EP and previous 2019 album
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2023, 08:33:42 AM »
Thanks @pompeyjazz ! Glad it was useful - was oddly nerve-wracking putting myself 'out there' in video form :). Hoping to do some more of these soon.

Cheers

Nick Ryder

• Solo Gig
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2023, 10:21:13 AM »
Hi @The Holographic Rodeo

Many thanks for posting this. I have started watching and look forward to others too.

I have no idea how to mix and always rely on others, but it is something I want to learn over time.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2023, 10:27:47 AM »
I was watching this video about compression yesterday. It applies to Reaper but the principles are exactly the same in other DAWs. Interesting stuff

i=DVvyOVYeNeriVykB

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2023, 07:09:36 PM »
This guy is brilliant. I've seen quite a few of his videos. I'm not a Reaper user but the info is still very useful. He's a good teacher. :)