Groover and Submithub

• 0 Replies

kevysc

• Platinum Album
  • I'm Working from Memory
    • Your Song Contest
« on: October 04, 2023, 12:31:28 PM »
I have been experimenting with ways of getting exposure and wanted to share my experiences with two of the more popular (and credible) sites. I am not going to give full descriptions of  their services, just some quick notes.

Groover allows you to send a track to curators (spotify playlist, blogs, radio station etc) for an average of Euro 2 per curator. I put a lot of work into selecting the curators to match my song ( Plead The Fifth) and got just over 50% who agreed to share/ add to a playlist. This is higher than the average they quote of about 20% acceptance rate.

Submithub offers a similar service. They don't provide as much detailed information on the curators, which made selecting  the right curators more difficult. I had about a 10% success rate, less then the 15-20% they say is average.

One additional nice feature of Submithub is that they have a "Hot or Not" section that allows you to get feedback from other artists on your songs. (This is free, as long as you listen to other artists first.)

Would be interested to hear others experience.

Kevin