Songwriter Forum > Competitions

Old For New

(1/12) > >>

Wicked Deeds:
I thought I'd ask if anyone is up for a competition, (more of an exercise really, as I hate to go head-to-head with other writers and have a voting system which defines one song as being better than another).

I'm going to find time this weekend to resurrect a song that I'm really proud of but know that I didn't do justice to the first time around.  My plan is to add guitar or guitars, real bass instead of bass that was played on a keyboard, perhaps one or two more bells and whistles and I'll then remix. 

Would there be any interest from forum members to perhaps do the same with one of their compositions? I think perhaps the forum would benefit from some kind of shared activity like this, whereby members direct their creative energy toward something that we could all participate in.  We'd also get to hear some of the great work that members present and is perhaps long forgotten.

Please respond to this post if there is any enthusiasm for this idea.

Paul

pompeyjazz:
Hi Paul, @Wicked Deeds Strangely enough I've just revisited a song that I wrote in 2015 but I've learned a lot since then so totally re-recorded everything yesterday and just finishing it off now - Yes, a great idea  :)

Nick Ryder:
Hi Paul,

since I only started this a couple of years ago, I'd don't really have much which qualifies for this I'm afraid!! Great idea though and I'll look forward to hearing everyone's efforts!!

Wicked Deeds:
With John, @pompeyjazz and I we have two people ready to take on the challenge.  Hopefully one or two people will be tempted to join us.

Come on, sign up for this. let's get this up and running!

Paul

Wicked Deeds:
@Nick Ryder, haven't you got an old unrecorded song that you could work your magic on? I love for you to be involved in this.

Today I've been working on a song called 'Sing.' I once asked an old lady why she was crying. She told me that she loved to sing but couldn't remember the words. I encouraged her to sing Edellweiss with my help. Dementia is so cruel. I wrote 'Sing' in response to this experience. It was as if the Devil was engaged in stealing the words and music to this beautiful song.

I've addressed several aspects of the initial recording and am happy with what I have achieved.

I'd love one or two others to join in here.

Paul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version