Recommendations for user friendly, decent and inexpensive recording equipment

• 3 Replies

robertwill

« on: September 08, 2023, 11:42:43 PM »
I'm interested in any recommendations on microphones and recording equipment and/or software that has decent quality and is inexpensive. Like less than 150 GBP, something I can buy online. Thanks.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2023, 09:33:44 AM »
@robertwills I could recommend buying a Focusrite Scarlett Solo audio interface. I have just upgraded top the latest model and that was £139 The older models are cheaper still - Have a look at the generation 3. Also a fairly decent condensor microphone . I have the SE X1A which cost around £85. With the Scarlett Solo you also get lots of Software bundled including a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) whic you could use instead of Audacity. This should drastically improve the quality of recording

subvibe

• Solo Gig
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2023, 03:59:50 PM »

Hi

i agree with @pompeyjazz  the Focusrite Scarlett is a good choice

you can probably pick up on Ebay UK at a sharp price A good DAW is a must but if you are on a tight budget
there are some free ones around , i think Cakewalk does a free one also there are some good free plugins & libraries
essentially you maybe limited by the spec of your PC but nonetheless its a good starting platform to start learning

success
subvibe 

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2023, 08:38:40 PM »
The Focusrite Scarlett interfaces come with a whole load of free software bundled including Ableton lite so there’s a freebie DAW ! The second hand prices on EBay start at around £30 so well worth the investment 😊