Audio Interfaces

• 5 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« on: August 31, 2023, 08:51:00 PM »
Ever since I started home recording in 2015 I have only ever used one audio interface. It’s a Scarlet Solo 1st generation by Focusrite. I’ve found this to be a wonderful piece of kit and have never had any problems with it. Today I got an email to say that the 4th generation of this interface had just been released so snapped one up for £139 from Gear4Music. As Im 3 generations behind the current tech it’s going to be interesting to see the improvements that have been made. Seems like the interface comes with loads of vst stuff as well so hopefully a good investment. I’ll update the thread with my findings and if anyone would like a second hand interface at mates rates you know where I am. Any other opinions on Audio interfaces ?

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2023, 09:22:19 AM »
@pompeyjazz - what a kind gesture John, I used to use a scarlett, but I didn't like the complicated software that came with it, I use a behringer 1820, I like some of the additional features, like digital out, mute, monitoring, two headphone sockets etc. Let me know how you get on with the 4th gen box, and if you notice any improvements, make use of any of the features, like the Air mode.

Nick Ryder

• Solo Gig
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2023, 10:05:29 AM »
I use the SSL2+ which is slightly more expensive, but gets some great reviews. I'm not sure how good it is compared to others as it is the only interface I have ever used!!

https://www.solidstatelogic.com/products/ssl2-plus

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2023, 11:31:32 AM »
@Nick Ryder - Anything from SSL is very good quality, check out their plugins, they have crazy deals on some of their comps, verbs etc.

Nick Ryder

• Solo Gig
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2023, 11:40:18 AM »
@Nick Ryder - Anything from SSL is very good quality, check out their plugins, they have crazy deals on some of their comps, verbs etc.

Yeah, I've heard that. And if I knew how to use plugin and actually mix, I'd be tempted :)

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2023, 11:16:44 AM »
@Nick Ryder - But some are unnecessary, like the Fusion Stereo Image , there's a free one from izotope that sounds just the same.