Mkixing

• 6 Replies

Nick Ryder

• Solo Gig
    • YouTube Channel
« on: May 21, 2023, 09:11:14 AM »
Hi everyone, I hope this is the right section to ask this question.....

Can any of you recommend a good mixing engineer who isn't overly expensive?

I have so many songs which need mixing and I simply don't have the time to learn what appears to be a very skilled and complicated art of mixing. I'd much prefer to spend my time creating rather than get into the technical details of mixing.

I do have a very good friend who does mix for me, but his time is limited and on average, he's mixing one song every two to three months which is great, but I am coming up with new material about every three weeks.

Many thanks in anticipation,

Nick.

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2023, 10:00:58 AM »
Hi @Nick Ryder

This is a service I offer to members of my forum (ie this one!)

I could go on and on about what is involved and ask you lots of questions - but in my experience I have found that it actually saves everyone a load of time and hassle if I just do the first mix COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE, with no obligations, so that you can hear the various stages of my mixing process on one of your own tracks and then I can give you a quote for getting future mixes to the stage you want to take them

Typically, most clients opt for one of the following (which increase in complexity and cost as you go down the list):

Master - this option takes your own stereo mix and uses various mastering techniques to make it as good as possible - it can be surprising how much a good mastering approach can transform a dull mix - but options are limited

Static Mix - a good balance between the tracks (volumes, eq, effects etc.)

Full Mix - as above but including automation on all tracks - ie more attention to detail e.g. to bring parts “out of the mix” at certain points in the song and add some “ear candy”

Mix & Master - this takes your tracks and makes them as “radio ready” as possible based on the source material

I can also offer various “production services” - e.g. tuning vocals, adding parts using samples/virtual instruments and replacing virtual instruments with higher quality versions that I may have

Most of these production bits are done at no extra charge in the “Full Mix” and “Mix and Master” option

If you are interested, send me a Private Message on this forum and we can talk about details and how to get the tracks to me etc. etc.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 07:53:44 AM by Boydie »
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Nick Ryder

• Solo Gig
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2023, 10:07:31 AM »
Hi @Nick Ryder

This is a service I offer to members of my forum (ie this one!)

I could go on and on about what is involved and ask you lots of questions - but in my experience I have found that it actually saves everyone a load of time and hassle if I just do the first mix COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE, with no obligations, so that you can hear the various stages of my mixing process on one of your own tracks and then I can give you a quote for getting future mixes to the stage you want to take them

Typically, most clients opt for one of the following (which increase in complexity and cost as you go down the list):

Master - this option takes your own stereo mix and uses various mastering techniques to make it as good as possible - it can be surprising how much a good mastering approach can transform a dull mix - but options are limited

Static Mix - a good balance between the tracks (volumes, eq, effects etc.)

Full Mix - as above but including automation on all tracks - ie more attention to detail e.g. to bring parts “out of the mix” at certain points in the song and add some “ear candy”

Mix & Master [b/]- this takes your tracks and makes them as “radio ready” as possible based on the source material

I can also offer various “production services” - e.g. tuning vocals, adding parts using samples/virtual instruments and replacing virtual instruments with higher quality versions that I may have

Most of these production bits are done at no extra charge in the “Full Mix” and “Mix and Master” option

If you are interested, send me a Private Message on this forum and we can talk about details and how to get the tracks to me etc. etc.

Thank you so much. I think I have just sent you a private message. Not sure though as its the first time I have done it and there's nothing in my sent items!!

Bankie

• Solo Gig
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2023, 11:12:46 AM »
Thank you so much. I think I have just sent you a private message. Not sure though as its the first time I have done it and there's nothing in my sent items!!
I don't think the outbox/sent items thing is available even when you tick the box. If anyone finds it, do let me know!

Nick Ryder

• Solo Gig
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2023, 08:44:39 AM »
I don't think the outbox/sent items thing is available even when you tick the box. If anyone finds it, do let me know!

Still not found it :)

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2023, 09:27:37 PM »
Click on "My Messages" and then click on Messages (next to Actions and Preferences) --> Sent Items. Works for me. :p

Bankie

• Solo Gig
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2023, 01:38:27 PM »
How on earth did I not find this before?!? Thanks @Sterix