Songwriter Forum > Introductions

Hello Everyone

(1/2) > >>

Nick Ryder:
Hi everyone reading this.

I joined this forum about a week ago and so far, everyone seems lovely so I think I might hang around a bit longer.

By way of introduction......

I'd been in bands all my life (original and covers) up until 2008, when I decided to give it all up. I'd done so many gigs and my children were young, so it was getting to be too much like hard work. And, I wasn't enjoying it any more.

But then in the lockdown, I decided that I needed a project to keep me sane, so I set about building a recording studio at the back of my garden. The project was to write, arranged, perform and record an album of entirely new songs all by myself.

This was am massive learning curve because on top of all that. I had to learn how to use Logic and also all the recording techniques.

Anyway, I kind of got my head around it and the first song I wrote / recorded was a song called Let's Dance. It received a great response which gave me the confidence to continue.

Here's that song if anyone's interested;

What happened then was a massive creative outburst. Before I knew it, I'd got more than enough songs for what would be my album, so instead of me recording a second album, I looked for another singer to work with to produce an album for someone who was far younger and better looking than I.

In December 2021, I found a girl singer called Georgia, so we're now almost finished with her album of songs too. I posted one of her songs in another section of this forum here -http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=19417.0

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all and I look forward to getting to know you all better going forward.

Take care and thanks for reading,

Nick.

Wicked Deeds:
@Nick Ryder

Nick, that's a wonderful song! Welcometo the forum.

Paul

pompeyjazz:
@Nick Ryder Fascinating to read. Like you I took quite a break from music but mine was more like 20 years and yes, writing a song again inspired a huge creative outpouring of writing that I haven’t stopped since. The DAW learning curve is steep but so worth while so well done in persevering. I also agree with you on the collaboration angle, we can all learn such a lot from these. It’s good to see you here and I hope that you stick around and get involved, there’s a huge wealth of talent on here and many diverse musical angles which is brilliant 🤩

Sterix:
Welcome to the forum, @Nick Ryder

Glad you plan to stick around. Always nice to have someone do that. Nice song and video. You should post it in one of the Feedback areas (probably "Finished".

Love the lyrics btw (I'm a lyricist so that's the first thing I look at in songs here).

MonnoDB:
@Nick Ryder - Welcome to the forum!

Lovely song - great to hear your intro.. I think you'll fit right in here!

Look forward to hearing more of your music!

Karen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version