Demo Feedback Please.

• 2 Replies

RyanNÜEWAVES

• Busker
« on: May 04, 2023, 11:15:34 AM »
Hey guys, I was just wondering if I could get some feedback on a song please?

I’m apart of an alt-rock band and have just written this new demo track, with me playing the guitars, programming the drums and singing backing vocals with our singer singing over the top (at times they can be a bit out of tune, which is something we’re working on). This is really just a simple ABAB song but after listening over a few times now, feel as if it’s a bit too copy and paste-esque, what do you guys think, does this work or would a new section enhance it? Any feedback would be great!

Thanks in advance,

https://on.soundcloud.com/Mn8kz

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 02:57:29 PM »
Hi @RyanNÜEWAVES and welcome to the forum - I've taken a couple of listens to this now - Fits the genre well. A couple of thinks popped out at me if you don't mind me saying - Firstly, the guitar does sound a wee bit out of tune to me especially at the start - Secondly the vocals are rather "isolated" and sound like you're singing on top of a backing track rather than being part of the mix. Jump into the forum. You'll find that you're much more likely to get feedback on your music if you review a few of the songs on here first  :)

Hope you don't mind me being too critical - Cheers  :)

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2023, 08:49:20 PM »
I really liked the energy and drive of this from the off.

You kind of remind me of me when I was a youngster...and I don't mean that as an insult. I'm not sure if you'll even be around long enough to see this reply...but if you are...you maybe should stick around the forum and get on the journey...

It works, man. Everything can work...you just have to believe in yourself and don't let any fucker drag you down.

I've had 40 years of writing songs and have loved it, despite all the downs and further downs.

I write some great songs and I write some real twaddle as well.

That's what they all do..The Jam, Clash, Smiths, Cure, Kinks, Beatles, etc...they're just human beings and are fallible...

Go for it...but you have to be willing to give and take..and not just naff off when you feel that most people don't "get" what you're about.
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter