DELETE PLEASE _ WHOOPS

• 0 Replies

CorkingCrackBand

• Platinum Album
« on: March 29, 2023, 01:19:07 AM »
I was hoping to share a different song today but such is life. I'm concerned about sharing this one as I believe it has many problems.  ;D Latency dogged the second half of Neo Shrimp (annoyingly I'm largely on top of it now) and this track was the last one I finished before sending my computer in. There was a full 2 second delay and it was inordinately hard to record this (as at the time I didn't know how to combat latency problems) and I can still hear the many problems that I've tried to correct.

Anyhoo, this is the last track on the Neo Shrimp album. I'd be interested most of all if you feel it works/goes on too long etc. There's a minute long organ solo for a start.  ;D It is very much supposed to act as one last hurrah and burst of energy. The opening is sparce due to the previous song being the celebration of the battle against the Neo Shrimp being won so I had to bring things down before the last push, as it were.

The French character who comes in is from the albums opener - he attempted to narrate the opening song but spent most of it berating his wife. His return is supposed to highlight the journey the hour and a half album has taken the listener on. I spent some time debating whether to go with a big final WHOOF! crescendo to end on but decided to go with... what you will hear. 

https://soundcloud.com/lee_boyes-128832399/the-end?utm_source=clipboard&utm_campaign=wtshare&utm_medium=widget&utm_content=https%253A%252F%252Fsoundcloud.com%252Flee_boyes-128832399%252Fthe-end

Lyric

And now the end

The world has changed
But the life that’s gone, won’t be missed

From the black hole
Came a Neo Shrimpy catalyst

Our world was dying
Our will was weak and weakening

Then came the Shrimp that nearly wiped us out,
but for the rats

And so we work together
To build anew