Best chair for music production?

• 9 Replies

QuestionAsker

• Busker
« on: March 27, 2023, 01:00:10 AM »
Is there a specific chair that's most loved by music producers?

Or one you use and would recommend?

My current chair is literally almost a 90 degree "L" shaped hard chair with almost no padding and needless to say, it's very uncomfortable. Looking to up my chair and desk game.

I know Herman Miller chairs are amazing, although way out of my budget. I'd buy one used, but I'm currently living in Mexico, I've seen some of them on Facebook Marketplace, but they're still around $1000 USD.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 10:05:06 AM »
@QuestionAsker - A good question to ask QuestionAsker, I would ensure first of all that everything around you in your studio is in the right place, the screens are at the right height, MIDI controllers, tracker ball etc are all comfortably to hand and that your neck, arms, hands are not being twisted, stretched etc. then the choice of chair will be the next thing, I can recommend the Storm chair (see the link below), it's cool in the heat of the summer, and you don't get sweaty.

https://www.projectxoffice.co.uk/storm-grey-elastane-designer-ergonomic-office-chair?language=en&currency=GBP&gclid=CjwKCAjw_YShBhAiEiwAMomsEMdbrT4RCs7k9Gb5iaJ7Mqw_qogFUQUjoVl8FioZB7-dVk2lTdUOkhoC1dsQAvD_BwE

I also have an ergotron standing desk, but very rarely lift it up.

Hope this helps.

QuestionAsker

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 09:13:51 PM »
Thanks @cowparsleyman , I'll check that chair out, it looks very comfortable!

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2023, 10:04:01 PM »
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

CorkingCrackBand

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2023, 11:43:17 AM »

QuestionAsker

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2023, 10:19:45 PM »

QuestionAsker

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2023, 10:21:24 PM »

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2023, 03:31:40 PM »
...a comfortable one, I used to be a triathlete and all the Tri press used to try and get you to crouch over in the aero position, claiming you'd go faster, but I found that a more comfortable position would make me faster, longer...so comfy is best, and keep the climate nice and even if possible, too warm can affect your singing voice.

QuestionAsker

• Busker
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2023, 08:04:35 PM »
...a comfortable one, I used to be a triathlete and all the Tri press used to try and get you to crouch over in the aero position, claiming you'd go faster, but I found that a more comfortable position would make me faster, longer...so comfy is best, and keep the climate nice and even if possible, too warm can affect your singing voice.

Thanks Cowparsleyman - here it's very dry (15% humidity is common), and also hot, I been keeping a humidifier on that kinda helps with the dryness and heat.

I agree, comfort is key! My current setup is very uncomfortable, I dread recording haha. Most of my demos are on my phone for the same reason.