konalavadome

Anyone familiar with Plugin Boutique's Scaler 2?

• 4 Replies

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« on: December 22, 2022, 02:53:33 PM »
It looks intriguing, but I wonder if it's actually a good idea.

Bankie

• Solo Gig
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 08:07:51 PM »
Hi, yes I bought it a while ago. It's certainly a better bet than buying midi chord packs and all that nonsense. The downside in my opinion (and this is an opinion that's not shared by most users) is that the interface is a PITA. It doesn't work as I expect it to, then I spend ages on YouTube to see what other people do, then find that they work in a completely different way to me. I think it's one of those things that need a bit of time spent on it to get used to how it works to get the most out of it. I've written a few short bits and pieces with it, and came up with some progressions I wouldn't have had I just sat at the keyboard or with a guitar, so it's probably a good thing if you're the type of person who can get stuck in a rut.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2023, 03:07:41 AM »
Thanks @Bankie . I might not be able to find the time for the learning curve, but it sounds like it could be useful. I appreciate the response! I seem to be stuck in a sixties/folkish rut most of the time.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2023, 04:37:55 PM »
@CaliaMoko - I agree with @Bankie it does need some time invested in it, the idea is great but the reality of getting something that reflects what you want is different, if you are competent in Theory, that helps, but then it's probably unneccessary, for me I just nick bits of chords that sound nice, saves me a lot of poncing about, as I'm not a pianist.

The other thing to be wary of is that you might just end up playing one of their songs, which is counter productive, I suppose.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2023, 05:32:43 PM »
Thanks @cowparsleyman . That's also helpful. I'm thinking it's going to be more work than I am up for at the moment. Maybe some other year.