Swingers (collaboration with PaulyX)

• 17 Replies

Bostonfan2

• Solo Gig
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2022, 02:54:39 PM »
This is So good! love the lyrics, Excellent Arrangement ebbs & flows just right. Well done guys !!

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2022, 10:22:49 AM »
Great song!

Lyrics are super with many a great line.

In my first review and forum visit for a few months, I’m reluctant to ramble too much about some of the feelings that sprung to mind on reading the lyrics…and the potential  for offence or misunderstanding. It was thought-provoking anyway…which I’d always see as being mission accomplished for any songwriter.

Nice guitar work too. I really thought this was very good.

EDIT: not that there was anything weird that sprung to mind!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 01:58:04 PM by PaulAds »
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2022, 04:33:09 PM »
Thanks everyone - I am a bit in love with this song, and really grateful to @PaulyX without whom it would not have appeared anything like this (or at all).

@kafla really glad you liked it. I know what you mean about the first story - could have been an option. For the vocal I tried to choose the most "emotional" take - not the best recorded or skilfull...  Anyhow, thanks for the great comments

@moraamarolaloba thanks for the detailed comments (yes the voice is probably a bit "dry")

@shadowfax thanks a million - plaintive is a good description

@Wicked deeds thanks for the review - the vocal is very close mic'ed and imperfect which probably adds to the old school feel...

@ChrisPrice many thanks for listening - I guess this could be part of a "Teenage Opera". The words are an important part of the package in this case (but if they didn't come over then that's my fault)

@MonnoDB many thanks indeed - I think that line was started off by @Paulyx and finished by me - isn't collaboration great!?

@PaulAds nice to see you back in these parts. Nice to stir things up a bit - I was going for "just woke enough"...

@pompeyjazz @IronKnee @skub @crystalsuzy @seriousfun @Dorian @Bostonfan2 many thanks for listening and great comments

Thanks again to everyone - great to get comments from new and old forumites