Daddy’s Girl

• 1 Replies

Tboz45

• Busker
« on: September 05, 2022, 05:20:14 PM »
She’s a daddy’s girl the apple of my eye my beautiful princess yes you are, you’re my baby girl forever & more oh I love you daddy’s little girl

When you were born I cradled you in my loving arms like a bear & tears rolled down my face, I could feel the pain rushing through my veins, when I looked at you I instantly fell in love with you, you were perfect from head to toe, tears wouldn’t stop rolling, I thought I was gonna cry me a river it was tears of joy I couldn’t believe it that I’m holding a little baby in my arms, what a magical feeling I felt like I was floating on cloud 9 I didn’t want this feeling to end

I promise to love & protect you even in pain I stand by you, you look just like daddy my darling girl, you’ve got my eyebrows, my eyelashes even got my cute sticky out bellybutton but you’ve got your mama’s beautiful smile, I’m blessed to be your daddy, you’ve blessed me with your beauty & grace, please don’t leave this place, oh my little love thank you for entering my life you came at the right time & I will spend time with you & I promise to make it right for you, my love for you will never run dry I’ve got you for the rest of my life

She’s a daddy’s girl the apple of my eye my beautiful princess yes you are, you’re my baby girl forever & more oh I love you daddy’s little girl

LoJo538

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 07:32:57 AM »
We've got the gist of the story. However, the way it's formatted feels more like prose than verse. The standard formatting is set up to help the reader detect the rhythm of the piece. Even if you haven't chosen a melody yet, we should still be able to get  a sense of its musical "shape".

I suggest checking out the songs you like on YouTube and see how they're formatted. Note how it's written the way it's sung.

Best wishes.