Next World

• 15 Replies

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« on: August 14, 2022, 11:30:00 AM »
Hi, hope everyone is well considering the current circumstances,
this track is re mastered and re arranged with a new guitar solo by Chiara Carcano.

https://soundcloud.com/user-156896782/next-world-by-shadowfax6?si=f4c20263691b48c5a26b0d2bf1899e2b&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Guy's girlfriend has passed away, we know not why, (he is beside himself with grief and is considering joining her on the "other side" but is afraid..will it be Heaven or will it be Hell,  meanwhile Heaven and Hell are involved in a desperate fight for his soul, expressed in the guitar solo and the following heavy bit.

I don't know what I'm waiting for,
don't wanna be part of this world no more,
you are gone and I dunno why,
gotta feelin that my lifes a lie.
so wait for me, in the next world..
wait for me, cause I'm coming to you.

(female vocal)

everywhere I can see you,
as i float away it's true,
now my love goin nowhere
can't find it's way to you,
you'll no longer be lonely,
if you cross that bridge, you'll see,
have no fear I'll be waiting,
bring your love to me..

Wait for me, in the next world,
wait for me, don't wanna give my soul away..x2

every night  I try to find a way,
just to wake and find another day,
gotta let my soul run free,
on the four winds you will carry me,
gotta knoe how it feels,
gotta know if your world is real..

Battle between Heaven and Hell commences for his soul!!!
Heaven wins..of course.

Wait for me, in the next World,
wait for me cause I'm coming to you, x2

if you take the time to listen I thank you...Kevin
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 06:03:32 PM by shadowfax »
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2022, 04:55:04 PM »
Like the ominous & very interesting intro!  Good dramatic build up and then a nice pivot as it tumbles into the major chords with the first verse around the one minute mark.  The distinct sections lend it hints of prog. I liked the male/female vocal interplay and of course the guitar solo(s) are super.  This is a real journey through moods and displays of musical mastery Kev... very 'filmic'.  It feels like several songs in one but still hangs together well. Really impressive - up there with your very best I would say.
It's all too beautiful.

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2022, 08:19:20 PM »
I'm not usually a fan of dark lyrics, but this is just astonishing. Deep and yet the song is really infectious. In terms performance and productions I think this track is nothing short of brilliant. I cannot possibly criticise this track as it blew me away. That's before I even start talking about the guitar playing! Excellent. :)

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2022, 04:02:46 AM »
This grabbed me straight from the start. Very interesting throughout with the mixture of styles keeping it interesting. Super job. 👍😊

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2022, 11:43:48 AM »
Hola @shadowfax

I liked it a lot, this song is very different and special, I thought the intro was great, an Apache touch in the rhythm and then the clouds in the sky and the ethereal feeling of love. Very catchy in some parts and a very logical and well orchestrated and mixed arrangement. Very good work.

AdiĆ³s!!

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2022, 08:00:00 PM »
Wow - fantastic stuff - love this heavier and expansive adventure. So much tension and an awesome colaboration with the guitar and other vocalist. A really artful piece, which perfectly tells the story you wanted it to tell.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2022, 10:11:51 PM »
Outstanding song Kev. Brilliantly dramatic and cinematic in equal measure. Something that Meatloaf would have loved to have done. Absolutely top quality mate

Welsh Steve

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2022, 09:04:58 PM »
WOW!!!!

Wicked deeds

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2022, 10:21:43 AM »
@shadowfax,

Super guitar intro to convey the battle theme/fighting for souls.  An epic soundscape for your unmistakeable vocals to soar above the scene below.  Good to hear the inclusion of the second vocal which provides a welcome contrast as is the breakdown of instruments to provide further dynamics before the menacing guitar returns. 

Well done

Wicked

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2022, 07:15:49 PM »
Who are you and what have you done with Kevin!?!?!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

This was a new side of you or maybe I've been away for too long but this was a (pleasant) surprise!!
Bit of a rock opera feel to this and not just because of the lyrics and the duet. Me like!
The intro is driving, the vibe of it reminds me of something but I'll be damned if I can figure out what, some Deep Purple?
Anyways, top drawer stuff in every aspect from writing to performance!!

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2022, 12:07:15 PM »
This wouldn't be amiss on an Ayreon album. It reminded me of it early on and I haven't changed my mind listening full through. Great song, wonderful performance. Class as always, Kev!

subvibe

• Solo Gig
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2022, 01:31:50 PM »
Hi

Great Sound & Full on performance

well done

subvibe

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2022, 09:30:42 AM »
Yo Kev.

This is probably the best song of yours that I've heard to date and considering that bar was already set high,that's quite something.

The whole soundscape and the crafting of the storyline is off the scale magic.

Stellar,in context guitar and Raquel's vocals work so well. I love to hear the addition of female vox on your song.

Blown away Kev.   8)

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2022, 04:43:06 PM »
This has to be one of your absolute best works! Even though I don't agree with the sentiment and don't really care for dark themes like this one, all of that is overshadowed by the awesome writing and production. This is going on my play list!

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
  • Follow me on Instagram (@mayaclars)
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2022, 04:05:32 PM »
Very interesting a bit scary intro and outro, great sounding guitar solo. Very beautiful female vocals with the background.
You're showing the combination of some dark guitar parts and light parts in the melody. Light and Evil.
Interesting and original song :))

Maya