Home Jam, 5 songs to judge

• 2 Replies

alinmoisa

• Busker
« on: August 11, 2022, 03:48:12 PM »

-Hello, I will post my songs as well here, if you don't mind me :D. You can choose 1 or 2 say the name and let me know how's going.

I improved my singing over the years, the style is more of a wave of vocals than attack or power.

Enjoy, and feel free to judge if you want.

Everything is gladly appreciated /hi5

Check the channel for the other ones. Thank You!
"You, You were the one..."

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2022, 10:48:07 AM »
HI, welcome to the forum.  I listened to 'Stay'.  Looks like you've got some really interesting chord choices and structure going there.  Couple of chords in the first half where I thought at first 'that sounds off' but then I kinda liked it, because of the surprising unconventional pattern of it.  Vocals / lyrics I'm afraid I can't comment because you can't really hear them here above the sound of the acoustic, and you haven't posted the lyrics.  It'd be good to hear a 'studio version' of this, or at least a version where you mic up the acoustic and voice separately so you can hear the voice.  (Or failing that, just position your mic closer to you mouth level so voice cuts through above the guitar).  Anyway, hope you dig the forum, have a listen and post some reviews, plus some more of your own every fortnight.
It's all too beautiful.

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2022, 01:48:17 PM »
Hola @alinmoisa
I already told you in another forum that the voice is not heard well and that what remains in the foreground is the guitar and the chords, which sound great by the way, but it is impossible to get an idea of what the melody is like and what you say because is hidden by the guitar.
I don't know what material you use to record but whatever you have to bring the micro receiver closer to the height of your mouth rather than the guitar, so surely everything will be balanced.
It would be great if you post the lyrics.

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow