konalavadome

Bamboozled, an absolute first!

• 4 Replies

Wicked deeds

« on: July 29, 2022, 01:06:20 PM »
Some time ago, I made an acoustic sketch of my song "Scarlet Please."  I then produced the song and replaced the original "acoustic sketch" on my soundcloud page with the newer produced version.  I'm bamboozled because whenever I click on the link to the song, it takes me to the previous "acoustic sketch". that I have deleted (the file also plays).  I might add that the link when accessed from my Apple Mac takes me to the produced version but on my mobile phone, it takes me to the previously mentioned "acoustic sketch."  I've also cleared out my browsing history and deleted soundcloud and then reinstalled the app but this has no impact art all.  This is so weird.  Any suggestions re what is happening?

Paul
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 01:11:20 PM by Wicked deeds »

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2022, 06:11:29 PM »
It may be a browser update issue,Paul. A while ago when my old Mac was still running Yosemite,because it was too old to be supported,I had all kinds of strange difficulties. Soundcloud is riddled with glitches at times too.

Using Opera if I change the title of a track on Soundcloud,it looks as if it has updated fine,then when I refresh the page,the old title is still there. I have to go to Chrome and do it from there,then everything works ok.

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2022, 11:43:16 PM »
Clear your browser cookies (either all of them or just the ones for SoundCloud). Cookies "remember" things from websites to help make them load quicker but sometimes don't update when things change.

Wicked deeds

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2022, 10:09:18 AM »
@Skub,  I run an up to date browser on my apple Mac and mobile yet the problem still exists.  thank you for your suggestions.

@Sterix,  yeah, cookie1s have been cleared.  I can't make any sense of this.  Thank you for your help.

If someone could let me know which version is accessed for the song 'Scarlet Please.' in the finished song section,  I would very much appreciate that.

Paul

Wicked deeds

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2022, 01:12:44 PM »
The only way that I could resolve this was to rename the song file: Crimson Red/Scarlet Please.   If anyone knows what might have caused this problem, I'd be intrigued to know.  Many thanks

Paul