konalavadome

Tomorrow

• 5 Replies

ProfessorFalken

• Busker
« on: July 26, 2022, 04:18:48 PM »
I actually wasnt ever going to post this track cos its so ancient, but Im still working on new stuff. Ive got 4 or 5 tracks where the music is all done - just need to come up with some words and a vocal melody - this is how ive always worked.

Anyway, this is a shameless piece of 80s synthpop - the thing about 80s synthpop is a lot of it sounds very cheesy and dated now - but i think the very best of the genre are great and sound very classy - so thats what im attempting to emulate. Yet again for me this is a tale of unrequited love.

Now the eagle eared amongst you might notice a very slight clanger of a duff note on the synth guitar - see if you can spot it! Enjoy!

Tomorrow

Oooh, you got me on tenterhooks,
Giving me strange looks,
I not sure why anymore.
And you - you know how to play the game,
And I - I dont want to take the blame.
Waiting for you to make your move,
Waiting for me to make mine oh no.

Chorus

I cant help the way I'm feeling,
I watched your face to find the meaning,
I hope and pray,
There must be a reason,
The sun wont shine in a different season.

oooh, youve got me crawling walls,
And Ive been taking falls,
I'm not sure why anymore.
And I hope and I pray,
And I hope and I pray,
That I will find a way,
To find words I should say.
Waiting for me to make my move,
Waiting for you to make yours - oh no.

Chorus

Dont wanna make a fool of myself - oh no,
I find that so easy to do.

Chorus X 2

Theres always tomorrow - oh yeah
Theres always tomorrow.

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 06:34:20 PM »
Hola @ProfessorFalken

I enjoyed the atmosphere of your song, the arrangement and rhythm are very catchy and lyrics fit well here.

Stay well

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2022, 09:27:09 AM »
Yeah, everything you mention happens in the track, a good emulation mate! the vocal was a bit on the boxy side but maybe that was intentional...

best!
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2022, 11:07:06 PM »
Hey Prof, nice stuff.  Yes, I think you've definitely avoided the cheesy end of synth pop here... this is more towards the 'cool indie' end of the synth pop spectrum... a bit like New Order maybe?  In fact your voice and vocal delivery is not a million miles from Bernard Sumner in this... especially your kind of staccato delivery in the chorus.  Production is maybe a little muggy but that'd be easy to fix if you could get access to a better way to record the vocals.  Another impressive piece; I like the way you wear your influences with pride but always bring something new to them.
It's all too beautiful.

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2022, 01:02:06 AM »
80's music meant little me to me at the time being a rock n roll soul from the late 60's/70's. The further away we get from stereotyping music into one bag or another, I've come to really appreciate this kind of stuff. This is a great song and I really enjoyed it. Well crafted and well produced. Brilliant :)

devilhoned

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2022, 11:41:43 AM »
As someone said,it`s New Order-ish,especially in the vocal. Yeah,they`re the `cool` end of synth-pop,but that`s pretty hard to pull off.