• Singer songwriter
« on: July 10, 2022, 02:06:52 PM »
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2022, 06:52:37 PM »
I really liked this the first time I heard it on the cloud and it gets even better with repeated listens.

A real Vangelis feel to the piece suggesting movement such as a busy street with all the slow shutter light trails.

I think I may be headed in the direction of more instrumentals. I poured out my heart during my Da's final months and I am bone dry lyrically. I feel I've nothing more to say,so I'll maybe STFU and play!   :D

Sorry for the derail,love the song Kev.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 06:21:51 PM »
Hey - Why not an instrumental @shadowfax This is really catchy - Reminded me of some Ibiza year 2000 stuff that I've got on a CD stuff. Can just imagine this being played in a nightclub, outside as the sun sets - Great listen  :)

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 08:09:12 PM »
Yes, it works really well just as an instrumental.  Big and airy... it evokes the wide open spaces.  Have you ever tried licensing your stuff?  I could imagine this soundtracking all kinds of things...  Nice chord to end it on, too - that's an assertive full stop.
It's all too beautiful.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2022, 04:55:40 PM »
Really, I think a lot of your pieces would work well as instrumentals. And you could get them into a sync catalog and get some licensed!

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2022, 05:26:16 PM »
Thaks for the listen guys, got no idea how to licence stuff and have no idea what a sync catalogue is..LOL @PaulyX @CaliaMoko
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2022, 12:32:07 PM »
The 90s called and they want their music back! :D

Even the title sounds like it was inspired by then. "Proper song"?!! This is fantastic! Though the lyricist in me kept trying to sing along! :P

Another class @shadowfax production.

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2022, 06:07:30 PM »
Hola @shadowfax

I liked it a lot, it's a very attractive track to write a lyric for, very suggestive.
The atmosphere that surrounds it has epic touches, perhaps because of the piano, and the development is balanced and very logical, I think it is very solid.
Perhaps I would add some instrumentation with low sounds that would highlight the strings or synths and give it more depth.
The bass is very present, perhaps you could use, in that part, a more present bass drum.

I enjoyed it!

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
  • Follow me on Instagram (@mayaclars)
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2022, 10:19:19 PM »
Energetic rhythm and a smooth flying main melody, this combination sounds very beautiful!
Very high quality recording. Pleasure to listen to.

Maya

Wicked deeds

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2022, 11:48:08 AM »
A trip down memory lane to a 80’s style soundtrack @shadowfax .  Leaves the listener to conjure pictures as the track progresses and builds.  Good tight arrangement and coherent use of sounds!  I can hear your distinctive vocal style despite its absence.  Well done

Wicked

devilhoned

• Busker
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2022, 11:53:06 AM »
Yes,there`s Vangelis and a certain Ibiza late 90s sound,but it`s done well,and nails the genre. Not the sort of thing I normally listen to,unless there`s a song,chorus,vocal melody,but very catchy. Needed that `get to the chorus` song structure for me,an earlier rise to a peak.