Wonderland

• 13 Replies

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« on: June 26, 2022, 03:42:46 PM »
I'm buggered if I recall posting this before,so if I have,just put me down as an attention whore and ignore me.   ;D

https://soundcloud.com/skub1955/wonderland?utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

I don't know what this is really,probably just more DV bollox!

The inspiration for the track came last year when part of my favourite walk was closed for renovations,but I sneaked in past the barriers most days anyway!
Being alone is a landscape prompted be to imagine I was the only person left alive. This in turn took me to what we are doing to the planet and what we might do to help.
Yeah,I was right the first time,more DV bollox!

Taking the shortcut
Past the sign pathway closed
I know I really shouldn't
But as long as no one knows

The sea is ever present
Turning pebbles into sand
As I begin my descent
Into no man's land

Could be the world has ended
Erased the human race
There are times I have pretended
We didn't leave a trace

Fragile our existence
Living unaware
Yet somewhere in the distance
A rolling nightmare

Reflecting on our being
We seek to understand
Looking but not seeing
We live in Wonderland

Could be the world has ended
Erased the human race
There are times I have pretended
We didn't leave a trace

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2022, 05:43:11 PM »
Rockin track! thought it was gonna be he's gonna step on you again by John Kongas in the few opening bars..then it got much better..lovin your guitar work mate!!
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2022, 06:57:38 PM »
Hola @Skub

Look at those guitars!!! I like the song and those flying riffs. The lyric is a journey through the reality that surrounds us, you have taken us for a walk!! Very good idea the equalization or FX of the voice. I love it when the 2 voices appear together

Stay well

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

Hello Midlands

• Busker
  • Cautiously optimistic...
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2022, 07:23:43 PM »
Love the vocal on this, especially the duck-down and harmonies before the second chorus, just like Mora said. And yep - awesome guitar work. Love the weight of the percussion too!

Whiteorange

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2022, 09:08:04 PM »
The production here blew my head off. Everything has a beautiful weight, and the vocal fits in exactly where it should. I really like the lyrics too. The main focus for me was that guitar, its outrageous. Melodic and expressive. I listened to the song twice in a row and it lost none of its appeal.

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2022, 12:51:51 AM »
Oh yes, great track! Love the guitars here. Absolutely no crits from me. This is awesome! Sometimes I just like a song, and I do so nothing else I can say about this.  :)

Wicked deeds

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2022, 12:42:20 PM »
@skub, you're a fence hopping rebel for sure. As well as those lovely guitars, your vocals shine. Exactly ehat I was  expecting from such a quality artist.

Wicked

StevieJ

• Open Mic
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2022, 01:20:38 PM »
great lyrics, great production, really cool solo in the middle there, enjoyed the track, glad you did share it :O)

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2022, 08:41:38 PM »
Epic!  In parts I thought it had a kind of 'African' feel to it... the way those guitar lines interlock in the verses... there was something 'World Music' about that.  And then some classic Skub solo mastery later in the song.  Deep lyrics too, I especially liked the line about the sea turning pebbles into sand... a good way to remind how tiny our lives really are against the big picture (which, I thought, is maybe the underlying theme of the song?).
It's all too beautiful.

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2022, 04:14:11 PM »
Love the rhythm of this @Skub .. kinda a bit country, almost a bit Mumford in places.. Production is ace of course as is the guitar work - super sweet intro there and that repeated down/up scale riff is fab! Really like the lyrics - (pebbles into stones - really like that among other lines). Harms top it all off..

Bollix you say? The dog's you mean??

Loved it!

K

(Btw - is that a pic of the spot? Nice!)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2022, 06:16:25 PM »
I always look forward to the next @Skub track to be posted - Pretty mean guitar work on this one Davy, got a kinda country rock vibe form this. I always love your close harmony work. You've got such a fabulous voice. Love that geetar break. Top form boy !!! I wanted more, it's only 2:58 Ah well, eagerly anticipating the next one

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2022, 08:20:11 PM »
Hi Davy,

I wondered what was going on at first - thought you'd sampled the Euromillions advert. First time I've come across an advert when using Soundcloud. :)

Nice slab of Americana/Country rock.
Excellent playing.
Very short.
I was typing as I listened and ran out of song. Lol.

Hope you're well.

Digger

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2022, 05:00:43 PM »
Love it - a really concentrated dose of guitar goodness. Love the length too!

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
  • Follow me on Instagram (@mayaclars)
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2022, 10:39:54 PM »
A simple and catchy melody sounds easy and pleasant. I liked the masterly guitar playing.
And the vocals are amazing!

Maya