Drum Advice Please

• 4 Replies

RyanNÜEWAVES

• Busker
« on: August 19, 2022, 07:00:56 PM »
My friend and I just began recording this new track for our band (it's a rough demo right now):

https://soundcloud.com/derekwellingtontheogness/drum-advice?si=54678936e2e342a0af8c0e2fb66e10b4&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

But towards the chorus 0:37 - 0:55, the drums are so out of time and I can't think why... Now I'm no drummer so I may be coming across as an idiot but each hit is on a beat and isolated the drums and guitar audio sounds fine, the only reason I can think of is that the drums start on the 3rd beat of the bar but that's all, would this be a case of just moving over the drums a tad or?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 08:46:28 PM »
It’s not easy but it sounds like you say, a nudge to bring it back in time might help, how odd… hope it helps

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2022, 11:00:10 AM »
Hi, sounds like it will be cool track when finished - American psych vibe. To me it sounds like you might have some weird glitch going on with tempo? Maybe check your DAW to see if you’ve got some strange tempo automation going on.
It's all too beautiful.

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2022, 01:03:45 AM »
Could do with some info about how this was recorded. The drums certainly go out of sync as you say. In a DAW such as Cubase, Logic/Garage Band and others it should be possible to move the drums about on the the time line during that section to correct the problem. I hope so, cos this is a really promising track. :)

RyanNÜEWAVES

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2022, 12:43:32 PM »
Could do with some info about how this was recorded. The drums certainly go out of sync as you say. In a DAW such as Cubase, Logic/Garage Band and others it should be possible to move the drums about on the the time line during that section to correct the problem. I hope so, cos this is a really promising track. :)
Thank you for the advice, I'm using Logic. Like I say each track sounds roughly in time when isolated (to me at-least ha) so I'm not too sure where to start or where to move certain beats... Here's the project file if you would be kind enough in looking into it for me, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Si4jq33GofFL4KO4Dig-_1sTMRb1xIfP/view?usp=sharing it's only a demo really so it's no big deal but I would like to fix it if possible.