Every

• 13 Replies

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« on: June 30, 2022, 09:04:18 PM »
So I wasn't going to post for a while as I haven't written a new song recently while I finish the new album (pretentious or what!).

But this is the last track on the album and it is the complete opposite of my last post Silent Exit so I thought I'd see what you all thought..

I hope you like it!

Suffer more through imagination
Than is ever the reality
Thoughts aren’t an adjudication
They’re far from a guarantee

Paralysed by procrastination
It’s not where you ever want to be
Frozen solid by deliberation
Clouded judgement no brevity

Every second a decision to make
Every minute, someone will be fake
Every hour there’s a journey to run
But every day - you keep holding the gun

Every action has its consequences
But you control just how they’re dealt with
Those consequences
Don’t let them seal your fate

You can’t evolve through self-deprecation
Just repeat the same mistakes again
Time doesn’t pay you compensation
Don’t let your time be spent in vein

Every second a decision to make

Those consequences

Truth or consequence you keep on trying to refrain
Truth or consequence you keep on trying to abstain
Truth or consequence just step outside it’s time to leave
Step outside and start to breathe!

Every second there’s a decision to make

Those consequences
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 09:06:41 PM by PeteS »
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

Wicked deeds

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 10:07:05 AM »
@PeteS

"Every action had it's consequences",

"you control how they are dealt with"

"don't let them seal your fate"

All jump from the page and speak to me.  They echo the words of another song "never let your concience be harmful to your health. Let no neurotic impulse turn inward on itself". Soul searching writing, set to a beautiful melancholy melody.

Wicked

StevieJ

• Open Mic
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 02:32:25 PM »
Hi, there's some great lyrics in this song and I enjoyed the delivery. Kind of reminded a little of Dodgy from the 90's. Nice mix, very pro sounding, enjoyed it. On a side note I thought you were calling your new album "Pretentious or what" haha. Now that's a good title for a song.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 02:34:36 PM by StevieJ »

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2022, 03:10:19 AM »
I love the "consequences | dealt with" rhyme! Really the entire lyric is so good. Well done.

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2022, 01:13:28 AM »
Yes, there's some great lyrics here. The arrangement is spot on too. The vocals are really strong, but sound a bit kinda too processed somehow - I dunno. Nonetheless, a hell of a good song. I really enjoyed it :)

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2022, 01:51:14 PM »
I can tell you that Neil is very please with these replies as he wrote the lyrics and for once I didn't change a word!

Thanks for all the positive comments  and yes, @StevieJ that would be a good title 🤣

@ChrisPrice - I'm glad you liked it.  As for the vocals, my goto vocal chain is compression, eq, a little reverb and delay and finally one of the logic Chorus settings is a doubler.  I then vary it to taste really.  It maybe that it's more exposed here?  I was happy with it though.
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2022, 04:18:05 PM »
Clever lyrics my friend wrapped in cool backing track, just thought the chorus didn't lift enough, it sort of stayed at the same level as everything else. :) doesn't mean it's not a good song, just my humble take on it, it did sound good played loud in my studio!!
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2022, 08:20:30 PM »
Very good lyrics as has been said, and a great build to this Pete, without ever getting tooo big so it still feels open and delicate throughout.  My only crit is maybe it deserves a better title as 'Every' doesn't really evoke much?  What about "Truth or Consequence"?  Great vocals by the way, nicely restrained and clear as a bell.
It's all too beautiful.

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2022, 04:23:34 PM »
Had shades of ELO in places.. I really like this. Great lyrics and vox - and look at you with the piano intro / first verse (do I remember you saying you don't play?? Maybe that was someone else, which would make more sense - apols if so!)..

Agree with PaulyX re the title - I tend very often to go for non-obvious titles (which I believe is not the done thing for obvious reasons :) ) but here it just seems a bit short or something.. Even "Every Action" would work better for me but Consequences either.. But of course, it's all about the song..

...which is great!

K

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2022, 07:01:57 PM »
Hi Pete.

Love this song. Fine lyrically and melodically.

It's word heavy,but never loses it's potency.

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2022, 12:09:01 PM »
Hey guys, thanks for some great comments!

@shadowfax Thanks, I think the chorus just lifts enough because of the change in pitch.  It was a difficult think and something I struggled with.  The final chorus has more going on to give it a lift at the end but I didn't want to give that away too early.

@PaulyX I didn't give the title a second thought until now!  Before we commit it I'll talk it over with Neil.  Thanks

@MonnoDB Thanks Karen, it was me and I still can't play piano.  I can manage a few chords, then a lead line and tidy up the sloppy playing in Logic.  Not really piano playing tbh.  Glad you liked it.

@Skub Thanks Davy

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2022, 12:50:20 PM »
Hola @PeteS
It's a great song!!! Deep words, good melodies and really catchy!!! I enjoyed it a lot, a wonderful listening!!

Bravo!!!

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2022, 06:19:44 PM »
Good last track for the album @PeteS and up to your usual standard. The album should be a good listen. I really liked your vocal on this one. I know that you've had some comments about vocals in the past but on this one I think it's perfectly placed and that tint bit of delay makes it even more effective. A great listen and good luck with the new album :)

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
  • Follow me on Instagram (@mayaclars)
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2022, 10:52:43 PM »
Beautiful piano and smooth lyrical melody.
The combination of the piano, the drums and the rock-guitar sounds very harmonious.
The song is easy and pleasant to listen to :)

Maya