konalavadome

MAY SONG OF THE MONTH - RESULTS!

• 8 Replies

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« on: June 16, 2022, 10:29:48 PM »
Forum Compadres!  It’s time to announce the creme-de-la-creme of the songs posted in May.

First though, big shout out again to @pompeyjazz for the legwork on this.  Pomps is currently heading off-grid for a few days of R&R so asked me to announce the winners.  Last night we both prised open the ballot boxes and counted up the votes independently, then compared notes to audit each other.  We had a good response, with over 20 people voting, and the new format seemed to go down pretty well.

More than 20 songs were picking up votes.  And a special shout out to some of the more recent arrivals at the forum… @mstesson, @StevieJ, @Whiteorange, @Alex Kohlgrüber , @ProfessorFalken … your tracks were all in the top 3 of the month for a bunch of people here.  Keep em coming.

But to announce the top 5 aggregate scores, in reverse order…

At 5…
@pompeyjazz - Lily in the Rain
John’s terrific, heartwarming ode to his dog in the 5th spot

At 4…
@Skub - Room 54
That lush guitar playing and those cryptic, moving lyrics were always going to secure a high ranking for this beauty

At 3…
@PeteS / Echo Dogs - Silent Exit
Yessir!  This slice of punchy, hard hitting, fist pumpin’, message-laden rock bags the bronze medal

At 2…
@Jack Simmons  - Football Pitches After Dark
In which the post apocalyptic world never sounded so darn beautiful.   Bravo Jack, we cross your palm with silver.

But at No.1…
Securing gold this month…
@MonnoDB / @Ashes for Dreams  - Lower Your Shoulders
@Jambrains and Karen delivered a genre-hopping belter that injected a much needed booster shot of compassion and positivity into the universe.  From the title down to the closing notes, an uplifting gem.

Congratulations all ye winners, and all ye who got any votes at all, and all ye who voted…
And keep posting your tracks for Song of the Month JUNE EDITION.  You'd look good in gold...

Pauly xx
It's all too beautiful.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 11:04:34 PM »
Well done @PaulyX and @pompeyjazz for reviving this. And, of course, some great songs amongst the chosen ones. Congrats to all mentioned.

Of course, I didn’t expect my sheep song to win here as when the judges stared counting sheep (votes) they inevitably fell  asleep!  ;)

But this is a Top 5 to truly grace the forum and amply shows the talents on show in these parts. I personally voted for two others not even in this lot, so just shows the breadth of talent we have!
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2022, 04:51:29 AM »
Congratulations to all the songwriters and thanks to @PaulyX and @pompeyjazz for reviving this feature and doing all the work.

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2022, 03:43:44 PM »
Firstly thank you so much @pompeyjazz and @PaulyX - great new format and I expect (hope) it will be easier to get volunteers to run without the need to whittle down and the partnership approach! I can't do June as I'm on holidays last week / first week July but will be more than happy to do a future month! Great turn out too - iirc, the last time I ran it I had 18 voters and the forum was much busier then! Thanks so much both!

And secondly - wow!! I'm delighted and stunned as there were some absolute gems in that line up so I'd like to thank every one who put us in there as one of their tops! It means a hell of a lot! And congrats to all!

I'll celebrate with a pint of plain later! :)

K

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 09:30:14 PM »
A fine list of songs right there,aside from that twat Skub,of course.   ::)

A very well deserved top spot for Ashes for dreams. Johan and Karen really made something special here,even by their own high standards.

Kudos to the three Pauls for all the hard work.   8)

jacksimmons

• Solo Gig
    • Jack Simmons Music Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2022, 05:10:34 PM »
Nice work on hosting guys and thanks to all you guys who voted for my tune.

Very worthy winners who were also my first choice :)
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jack-simmons-1/albums
Bandcamp: https://jacksimmonsmusic.bandcamp.com/

"When I play a dope melody, anything less than the best is a felony." - Robert Matthew Van Winkle

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2022, 07:13:30 PM »
Good work everyone.  Glad some people liked my song 😃😃
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2022, 02:36:32 PM »
Now I've sobered up from last night, I seem to remember volunteering during the Zoom chat. :P