konalavadome

Touch of Grace

• 22 Replies

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2022, 01:05:58 AM »
This is great Vicki. A great instrumental arrangement but, what really stands out for me is the vocal which is lovely. What a great song. I really enjoyed this. :)

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2022, 11:44:23 PM »
Thank you @ChrisPrice ! I'm still working on it; I'm using it for production practice.

And @Wicked deeds I have achieved the fade-out I wanted, thanks to your instructions. The part I needed was that automation envelope (it's green in my copy of Reaper). I looked up more specific instructions on how to do automation in Reaper, which were only provided (that I could find, anyway) for single tracks. Since I wanted all the tracks to fade together, I added one more track and used automation to fade it at the end. Finding the "right" way to do it took a few tries, but I got it. Thank you muchly!!

Now the question is, should I replace the file I have posted? Decisions, decisions.

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2022, 08:16:15 PM »
Lovely song Vicki / and as usual a gorgeous, rich and warm vocal. You have such a beautiful voice!!

I like the instrument choices and interesting use of the highe arpeggiator. I *think* I’d be inclined to pare back on it a little…. The contrast of the pace of it with the rest of the song is a little to much for me in places - I lived the lower one though.

And most of all… beautiful song….

K

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2022, 04:39:01 AM »
Thank you, Karen! I agree with you about the arpeggiator and I'm surprised I haven't heard more about that before. It's a plugin and I'm not sure how to finesse it. Or maybe a different plugin would be better.

Thank you for the compliment on my voice. I have a habit of thinking of it as very bland and boring, so it's nice to hear a different opinion.  ;D

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
  • Follow me on Instagram (@mayaclars)
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2022, 11:08:12 PM »
I like vocals with a beautiful and calm voice. This vocal style fits well with the overall melody.
You managed to make the mood of the song and this is the most important thing.
Slightly monotonous rhythm but it does not spoil the atmosphere of the song.
For my taste, you can work a little bit on equalizer and adjust the frequency balance. But in general - the song has lirical and bright mood and sounds very good.

Maya

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2022, 01:19:10 PM »
Hola @CaliaMoko
I have been moved listening to your song, the melody is beautiful and the arrangement and instrumentation delicate, elegant.
I liked it a lot.
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

Bostonfan2

• Solo Gig
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2022, 01:42:32 PM »
Very cool to hear you trying new things to go along with your lovely voice Vicki!
I like the melody, Like Jambrains said I could hear the tempo up a bit for more
Energy but its fine as is. So far im liking it !

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2022, 03:56:06 AM »
Thank you @Maya Clars @moraamarolaloba and @Bostonfan2 !!

Yes, I need to learn EQ for sure. I've been practicing production for some time but only in fits and starts. I keep hoping to get more consistent so I can make some progress. All the good ideas here will give me variations to try to see what happens next. Like, maybe speed it up a little, as has been mentioned. Try more EQ variations. Maybe some different approaches throughout the song to give it more variety.

Thanks to all the ideas and to everyone who has listened!

Vicki