konalavadome

Sleep / Gallows Humour

• 1 Replies

NotNoelGallagher

• Busker
« on: May 23, 2022, 05:56:11 PM »
So I shared something just now which is a 1st draft. So I figured i'd share something I worked on a bit harder. Baring in mind i have zero education/my understand of the english language is incredibly limited :p

this one I exclusively tried to use only figurative language... So much of it is just idioms/metaphors.. Probably a bunch of cliches - in fact, this song is SO heavily burndoned with common phrases that I wouldn't even say its "my song". its just a bunch of common phrases chucked together.

OH if anyone can spot the two artists I have alluded too then I'd be insanely impressed! :) two guys who are pretty big. i have a few references to both in there!

hope someone gets kick out of it!
-----------------------

Verse
I laughed so hard, I nearly died
To slide away is As deadly as a lethal blow
He’s as high as a kite but It’s your funeral.
I walked a million miles To join the great majority.

Verse
We’re never gonna get there Like a Passport in the mud
As we passed the setting sun
Light out of darkness but he faded away
Speaking badly of the dead is a grave mistake

Pre-Chorus
Give someone enough rope and they’ll walk it alone
I’ve seen that movie a thousand times.
Run around in circles Never find cloud nine

Chorus
It’s gallows humor It’s a Ghost Town
She’s as bright as the moon in Undiscovered Country
She’s as old as the hills and As silent as the grave
It’s as windy as a hurricane No shelter from change.

LoJo538

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 07:19:00 AM »
This could work as a song if there were a story attached to it. Perhaps something along the lines of a leisurely stroll through the graveyard by two individuals who embark on a series of darkly comic malaphors (it's a thing, look it up) to pass the time though they're terrified.

As it stands, though, it reads like a series of random thoughts strung together. Frankly, it seems a bit disrespectful of people's time. If we're going to take the time to read your work and try and help you create something worth listening to, you should at least attempt to write a proper lyric.

And...  "OH if anyone can spot the two artists I have alluded too then I'd be insanely impressed!" SERIOUSLY?