konalavadome

Feedback on 2 Alt-Rock Demo's.

• 3 Replies

RyanNÜEWAVES

• Busker
« on: May 23, 2022, 02:46:20 PM »
Hello all!

I'm a guitarist and after a couple months of creating small melodies and then instantly leaving them to sit on a shelf without developing them, have finally began writing my own material. I've just written these 2 demo tracks and just wanted to get a few reviews if anyone is feeling kind enough! I recorded each guitar track myself and programmed in the drums, vocals will be added shortly after!

The overall goal was to write alternative rock material to be performed live that is fun, energetic and encourages people to dance. I recorded as I went along so there may be a few noticeable tuning / timing issues but the ideas are there.

Demo 1: https://soundcloud.com/nuewaves/rough-demo-idea?utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing
Demo 2: https://soundcloud.com/nuewaves/rough-demo-idea-2?utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Currently my main thoughts are that I come up with, what are in my option, catchy intros but I find it hard to reintroduce them throughout the pieces so these 2 songs follow an INTRO - VERSE - CHORUS - VERSE - BRIDGE - CHORUS - OUTRO and INTRO - VERSE - PRE - CHORUS - VERSE - PRE - CHORUS - OUTRO structure... I personally think these are pretty strong songs but do intro sections need to be heard again? And if so, whats the best and smoothest way of repeating them?

Any advice would be great, thank you in advance!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 03:07:27 PM by RyanNÜEWAVES »

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 06:25:52 PM »
Hi, welcome to the forum.  Yeah, I think you've got 2 really nice demos there with lots of potential.  They've both got good dynamics - they build and break down nicely.  Structurally they felt pretty good to me already... the intro on the second one in particular was pretty catchy.  I suppose the 'conventional' place for intro hooks to repeat is coming out of a chorus - have you tried that, if you want to reintroduce it?  I also liked the outro on the first one a lot.  Anyway it'll be great to hear these with lyrics once you have added them.  Based on current draft though I'd say don't worry too much about structure at this stage... It's sounding good and the length is good too.
It's all too beautiful.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 09:29:35 PM »
Yes, I listened to both demos too and you've got the basis for two strong songs. Some excellent riffing sets the scene. There are some nice chord progressions going on there and I like the way that you changed the pace, some parts sounding quite proggy. Will be interesting to see how you develop this with vocals added. Keep us posted and welcome  :)

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2022, 02:21:54 PM »
Hi! The songs remind me of modern day Weezer. With lyrics/song i think you´ll bring them together into nice songs. The second one might be a bit too intensive to put vocals on, but the structure of both song are good imo.

Hope to hear the with lyrics soon.

/Martin