konalavadome

Favourite songs of the moment

• 23 Replies

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2022, 07:10:35 PM »
One from my current favourite album. One of three I'm just continually rotating at the moment.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2022, 07:36:07 PM »
@cowparsleyman  Is that just a coincidence or... I already have Cream by sunwoo by the boyz in my Soundcloud liked songs!

Shame about the Tupac one - sounds really amazing if you don't listen to the lyrics.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2022, 11:25:53 AM »
@adamfarr - yo garage dude, our taste in music is Dope, as it were.. I’d put @PaulyX down for 2 pac  but not you, wide though your musical compass is.

Didn’t you get a set of Adam Ax7’s quite a while ago?

Should we have another wheel of genre?

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2022, 07:24:22 PM »
Well this is really interesting, if asked I would have guessed that a lot of forum members listed to softer stuff that what's been posted and generally not new bands either so that's put me right!  Definitely a few I'll be digging in to.

I have 2 artists on constant repeat at the moment.  The first is my favourite artist, Frank Turner.  Here's 2 songs from his new album.

Haven't been doing so well was the first single and is a great track, especially when I saw him do it live a couple of weeks ago.

Wave across the bay is a song about his good friend and the amazingly talented Scott Hutchinson from Frightened Rabbit who tragically took his life 4 years ago.  I saw Frank live in the day on the day the news came out that Scott's body had been found and he did a cover of Frightened Rabbit's Modern Leper (check it out it's excellent) whils unsuccessfully fighting the tears.  This is a live solo version of Wave Across the Bay.

Pet Needs are the other artist.  I only discovered them because Frank produced their debut album but I loved what I heard.  They were supposed to be touring with him in January but that was cancelled as 'hopefully' the final act of COVID.  2 of the band had only just given up their jobs (the other 2 were still employed) so had no money.  They had a small loyal fanbase in a group on Facebook that I stumbled in to and someone suggested they did a house tour.  So the singer and the guitarist did just that.  Turned out they were plying in a tiny house in Corfe Castle (about 20 mins from me).   The living room was not 12 foot square, the place was tiny and there were about 30 of us there.  They belted out the album and a couple of others and they were just incredible.

Hope you like them!

New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2022, 08:43:44 PM »
Yeah, this thread has been a giant genre-hopping revelation... Loads of good stuff being shared here...
@PeteS  Frank Turner was new to me but sounds awesome, will be checking him out some more.

I’d put @PaulyX down for 2 pac
You know what @cowparsleyman , you've probably found the one genre there in Gangster Rap that I don't get along with!  But I totally loved your "411" recommendation.

Here's one from Mrs Pauly... the second Japanese band of the thread - "Kikagaku Moyo" who are psyche-folky-rockers.  No video for this one I'm afraid as it is an album track, but fans of weird time signatures should dig. It is in 7/4 ("Nana" means "7"), which sounds like it shouldn't work, but I think it trots along like a pony on amphetamines.

It's all too beautiful.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2022, 09:01:15 PM »
@PaulyX - the pony 1 3/4 song … you knew I’d dig that, the sort of thing I used to play in a jazz fusion band in the 80’s but we’d go off moving bits about.. I was wanting to transpose the loop about, bunging drops, tasty end-of-phrase fills,  and saki flavoured jazz solos, a really refreshing song.

Thanks Mrs P

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2022, 09:37:01 PM »
Oh yeah ! @PaulyX Really digging that Kikagaku Moyo track. Going to have to dig out some more material from those guys. There has been some really interesting and diverse material in this thread and it's great to discover some new stuff. There is a huge vault of material out there old and new and some gems amongst a huge pile of music

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2022, 09:41:00 PM »
@PaulyX - and another from way back…just love this one, it’s easy to play too…

Maydell by John Mayall (not Rik)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2022, 10:11:22 PM »
One little spoken word classic that managed to record. Sometimes listening to personal life accounts is incredibly inspiring.... This one is just a wonderful reflection of life.

Listen to Budgie (Liverpool 1959) by pompeyjazz on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/G3234