Favourite songs of the moment

• 23 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« on: May 17, 2022, 09:45:04 PM »
What are you all listening to at the moment apart from stuff on the forum (obviously !!) This is my favourite track of the moment. Ahh.... Such energy

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 07:22:45 AM »
Thanks for sharing that @pompeyjazz - it's a blast!  They must be great to see live.  Japanese Punk dialled up to 11... wow.  Where did you find 'em?
On my side my current obsession amongst modern music is "Wet Leg"... two girls from the Isle of Wight writing quirky, life affirming, funny indie.  The whole album is quality but here's "Wet Dream"... hope you dig.

It's all too beautiful.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2022, 08:07:35 AM »
Yeah, I love that Wet Leg stuff @PaulyX I noticed that they are playing here shortly and the show is sold out already

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2022, 08:50:25 AM »

Great choices @pompeyjazz @PaulyX wouldnt have heard those but for you.

This is a band I got to know over lockdown. Excellent musicians.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2022, 09:00:45 AM »
@pompeyjazz amazing - you are the Tarantino of rare finds! @PaulyX yes, loved their Chaise Longue song too! hi @Jamie really like that choice too - prog but not too prog for me!

I'm listening to this one at the moment - this Russian lady is in hiding I think as she has taken all her songs off her website and just left the words "No war". She used to come each year to a Russian music festival in Benidorm - oddly not happening this year. Anyhow, cracking voice and melodies. (Не отпускай = Don't let go (of me))

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2022, 09:14:08 AM »
@adamfarr

Hi Adam, great voice and nice harmonies as you said. This serves as a reminder that this is Putin’s war and we shouldn’t assume all Russians are behind him. This lady clearly isn’t…

Thanks for sharing guys, great to hear some new stuff!

Jamie

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2022, 10:32:57 AM »
@Jamie Interesting track - There's some amazing undiscovered stuff out there. Looks like the drum roadie has his work cut out  :)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2022, 10:34:35 AM »
@adamfarr As you say, cracking voice and melodies - I love the emotion that she puts into it - Another wonderful find

jacksimmons

• Solo Gig
    • Jack Simmons Music Facebook Page
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2022, 10:41:49 AM »
Thanks for sharing that @pompeyjazz - it's a blast!  They must be great to see live.  Japanese Punk dialled up to 11... wow.  Where did you find 'em?
On my side my current obsession amongst modern music is "Wet Leg"... two girls from the Isle of Wight writing quirky, life affirming, funny indie.  The whole album is quality but here's "Wet Dream"... hope you dig.

This feels familiar so I think I may have heard it before and forgotten it. Thanks for posting because I LOVE it.

A friend sent me this little known 70s new wave band recently.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 10:47:24 AM by jacksimmons »
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jack-simmons-1/albums
Bandcamp: https://jacksimmonsmusic.bandcamp.com/

"When I play a dope melody, anything less than the best is a felony." - Robert Matthew Van Winkle

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2022, 11:03:29 AM »
@pompeyjazz

Hi John, yes its quite a drum set up. It's actually through Gavin Harrison that I got into listening to this band, he is an awesome drummer, one of the best I've ever heard/seen. I saw him touring with the last version of King Crimson when they were playing with three unbelievable drummers and he still stood out. Yes, theres lots of really talented musicians out there we've never heard of...what chance do we have ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jamie

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2022, 11:43:03 AM »
I'm digging these good old bois atm.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2022, 07:10:48 PM »
Great choices, just love the wet leg…

Here’s a couple you might not have heard of…

And

That bass is my holy grail…as well as the blinkin wonderful snare.

Was in Thomann a couple of times in the last week or so and they have a great speaker listening room, right next to a drool worthy mixing studio with EVERY piece of flashy outboard gear, from Elysia museq/alpha comp to shadow hills comp to chandler curve bender all wonderful stuff, and of course ridiculously expensive speakers that were frankly wayyyy too big for the room size…anyway…

Onr of the songs on the speaker playlist I really dug was by 2pac

Don’t particularly like what they are singing about, not into misogyny, but the groove is fantastic.

Hope you dig.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2022, 07:46:53 PM »
Hmmm, I’ll try again when I’m back in the UK…

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2022, 07:56:42 PM »
Or maybe this might work…

Try searching….

Cream by sunwoo by the boyz
411 by George Duke
2 pac All about U