konalavadome

How can this be continued?

• 2 Replies

Sendarium

• Busker
« on: May 15, 2022, 10:44:11 AM »
Hello. I made a small sketch and I have absolutely no idea how to finish it.
What can you say about this demo? What feelings, associations does it evoke in you? Maybe some stories?
I will be very interested, because I'm a little stumped.
Thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/sendarium/p15-n/s-kjGs1dmcV1p?utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2022, 11:31:13 AM »
Welcome Sendarium.  This sounds awesome so far!  Great big analogue-y 80s synth sounds - lovely.  Very dramatic start.  A bit Depeche Mode or the theme to an 80s TV drama (in a good retro way).  To me it sounds like you have a very cool verse already sorted here, and maybe a pre-chorus.  If you add on a pivot into a chorus (take it to a new starting chord, change up the percussion a bit, bring in some new sounds/patches with some kind of melody/hook) you're on to something cool.  Plus find some lyrics and vocals of course!  I reckon @man made material would dig this sketch too...
It's all too beautiful.

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 09:20:57 PM »
@Sendarium well @PaulyX is right I love the sound palette you’re using and there’s some beautiful melodies in here! I guess this sound has been having quite a revival recently helped by ’Stranger Things’  on Netflix that uses this style so well for it’s soundtrack… if you’re wondering where to go with it, I guess I’d suggest a breakdown, to just the bass synth, feed your snare and kick back in, maybe a sprinkle of arpeggiated synth, then build back to your main motif - which is great, works really well as an instrumental, great work, interested to see where it goes!👌
Sound formed in a vacuum may seem a waste of time...