konalavadome

New song- I've heard it all before

• 22 Replies

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« on: May 04, 2022, 03:08:19 PM »

Hi all, a new offering for your comments! It's a short song . I await your usual erudite and constructive comments! A song against, lets call it intolerance... :-X

Cheers

Jamie

https://soundcloud.com/jamie1802/ive-heard-it-all-before?utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

I've heard it all before

Another lame excuse, pulled out of the bag
And you can't think anything, anything of me

If you wipe the dirt off, is anything left at all?
Dripping your poison, your poison in my ear

Chorus

I'll laugh and laugh and I won't stop
I'll laugh at you until I drop
Coz I've heard it all before
I've heard it all before

Don't say anything, anything to me
I don't want to hear, what you've got to say

Are you afraid of the dark
Of terrors in the shadows
Are you afraid?

Chorus

Don't say anything anything to me
I don't want to hear what you've got to say

Chorus

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 07:20:22 PM »
Love the track - the contrast between the moodier verses and the chorus where the beat drives it forward is fab. Interesting lyrics and lovely vocal -  nicely dark. Some great progressions as always and I LOVE the piano…

My fave part is ‘are you afraid of the dark….’ leading to it picking up again.

Accomplished as always.. amazing talent, @Jamie !! Oh and I really like that ending! Lovely piano and a great touch.

K

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
  • Follow me on Instagram (@mayaclars)
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2022, 07:32:52 PM »
Original, unusual sounding vocals and the pattern of the melody is also unique.
Very creative harmonies. Sounds fresh and good.

Maya

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2022, 09:20:00 AM »
Beautiful vocals @Jamie and a lovely chord progression. I love the piano part and the piano bass notes are very effective. Again, there's really good use of space which you have used in the breakdown section. 3:17 Jamie !!! What's happening ??

Another excellent song from you which I really enjoyed listening to  :)

Bostonfan2

• Solo Gig
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2022, 01:07:55 AM »
The Vocals are sooo good. The arrangement is very creative, really like the
transitions. another top song Jamie!

Whiteorange

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2022, 10:21:36 AM »
I love the tone of your voice, it sounds a lot like Neil Young at various points to my ears (and I absolutely love him so that's a compliment!). Production is fantastic, really impressive. Love how the song builds and builds as it goes along. Catchy melody and well written lyrics. The applause at the end was a nice touch.

Bankie

• Solo Gig
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2022, 01:42:29 PM »
I enjoyed that - good progression, very nice instrumentation. Vocals were also great but the one thing I would have changed is some subtle backing (or even not-so-subtle backing vox) to bring that out a bit more. Great work overall though.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2022, 01:00:09 PM »
Yo Jamie.

A plaintive,poignant sounding song.

Your voice is evocative and haunting,ably expressing hurt and weariness.

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2022, 11:06:47 PM »
Really liked the pivot into the minor chord in the second chord of the verses.  And really liked the 'build' you give it as the song progresses.  I thought it was interesting you don't aim for rhymes in the lyrics apart from in the choruses, which somehow helps the choruses feel more structured and beefier when they arrive.  Maybe I'm not so keen on the clapping at the end (felt a bit out of context to the lyrics) but apart from that, another top track.
It's all too beautiful.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2022, 02:03:16 PM »
Hi all, thanks for listening!

@MonnoDB
Hi Karen, high praise indeed on the piano comments, as I know you're a talented player! Pleased you liked the M8 I was looking for a contrast to the chorus.I was looking for a way to end it without the usual standard finish, and I did the piano on it's own and thought it wasn't enough. TBH I was looking for a laughing effect, but couldn't find a suitable one, so I went for applause, it was supposed to be 'ironic' ::).Super comments Karen, thanks!

@Maya Clars

Hi Maya, nice comments, thank you! I hope my vocals were 'unusual' in a good way ;) ;D.

@pompeyjazz

Hi John, I like a good chord progression as you know :o, glad you liked it. I really don't rate my vocals so I'm always surprised when someone mentions them, I always expect a negative...3.17... ;D ;D ;D. I should have put in a 3 minute avant garde  euphonium solo... ;) 8). Cheers John

Jamie

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2022, 02:09:57 PM »
Hi all, thanks for listening!

@Bostonfan2

Hi, great comments, I really appreciate them!

@Whiteorange

Hi, nice comment on the vocals, as I've said many times before I'm unsure about my vocals so I'm always pleasantly surprised when I get good comments. Glad you liked the build, I think it's quite subtle, but hopefully effective.

@Bankie

Hi,great comments, I appreciate them. Interesting comment about backing vocals. That's something I don't utilise very often, and I'm not sure why. I recently did covers of Let it be by the Beatles and Karma Police by Radiohead and I really felt that the backing vocals in those songs really lifted the songs to a much higher level. So, I'll have to give more thought to your comment on future songs.

Cheers
Jamie

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2022, 02:19:54 PM »
Hi, thanks for listening!

@Skub

Hi Davy, thanks for your comments, always appreciated!

@PaulyX

Hi Paul,its an interesting comment on the rhyme/no rhyme theme. I like the freedom of not trying to rhyme if it's not a natural fit for the feel of the song. I think a well timed/phrased lyric with interesting sounding words/thoughts can be more effective than a rhymed lyric. But, where a rhyme works I have no issue with it. I know what you mean about the ending. I couldn't find an ending I was happy with and ended up with just the piano chords from the verse, but that sounded too bare, so I thought of finding a laughing effect, but couldn't find a suitable one so went with 'ironic' clapping. ::) :P. Pleased you mentioned the build as I wanted a subtle but effective build, hopefully it worked. Interesting comment on the chords. The chords are Bm (with an arpeggio type thing),Dm, Gm, A sus4 ,A. I think what you hear is the Fsharp in the Bm changing to the F natural in the Dm which gives it the Major Minor feel. It's a 'trick' Iv'e used before it can sound really effective IMHO ;) ???.

Cheers guys
always appreciated!

Jamie

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2022, 05:26:55 PM »
Hola @Jamie
I thought I had commented on your ost but I see what lp hadn't done!!!
Your song has tasted like good music to me, it has that touch that gives quality, the lyrics and the music go hand in hand transmitting the scene and I love the voices!!! You have amazing trebles!!!
I have really enjoyed listening to you. Congratulations!!

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2022, 05:50:15 PM »
@Jamie the bitterness and hurt is clear in this, great sound palette, and I really love the fullness and power of the chorus, and on second listen the chorus worms it’s way into your brain. Great eerie ending too! I’ll join in the applause 👏 👏👏
Sound formed in a vacuum may seem a waste of time...

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2022, 10:36:42 AM »
Hi Jamie,

Very nice dark tinge to the track.
I like how the bass prowls over parts of the song.

Love the vocal part:
Are you afraid of the dark
Of terrors in the shadows
Are you afraid?

Your productions are always brimming with ideas and this is up there with your best.

Digger