konalavadome

Big Knickers…

• 13 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« on: May 03, 2022, 02:00:23 PM »
Yeah I know, a very cheap trick indeed…

I haven’t been here for a while, I’ve been assisting other artists with their mixing and mastering…which was extremely enjoyable but my own music and reviewing here have been the  casualties.

Anyway here’s something I did earlier this year, hope you get off the sofa a jiggle about a bit.

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/fs8UTkrf35q2Qx2F6

As always please give all ideas and nits…pick away!

I’ll try and do more here when I can.

Please feel free to PM me about questions you have about mixing and mastering, I’ll always try and help.

Rgds

Rich

« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 02:02:12 PM by cowparsleyman »

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2022, 04:28:24 PM »
@cowparsleyman Ah Rich, we can always rely on you yo keep us entertained. This is a clever piece and pretty relentless too. Great mixing skills on show and a fun dance track. I listened to the entire 7:17 too. Good to see you around again  :)

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2022, 07:39:10 PM »
@thanks Johnno, you’re very patient …

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2022, 09:07:41 PM »
This is wobbly, bonkers, dance genius mate. First it’s trance then it’s jazz then it’s ambient then it’s some other stuff… but it never stops being entrancing. It’s like a little disco steam train chugging through all the rooms of some cavernous club. You got all your drum kits out for this one too. I was hoping the words on the SoundCloud page were lyrics and a voice was going to come in talking about Rupert The Bear’s trousers, but sadly that never happened…one for the remix?
It's all too beautiful.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2022, 02:46:38 AM »
I listened to the whole thing. Bounced around a little. Too tired. Love the kick. I need to do something with a strong kick. I am inspired. Love it.

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
  • Follow me on Instagram (@mayaclars)
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2022, 07:49:09 PM »
Futuristic sounding melody, so creative.
It's nice to hear such new music.

Maya

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2022, 07:51:15 AM »
This is charming
Some really nice moments
I mostly liked the Eguitar very stripped back around the beginning then later on.
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2022, 12:02:18 PM »
Yo Rich.

Funnily enough,I've just been listening to a load of stuff like this on soundcloud. I take notions for something different from my boring old geetar moosic all the time. This is the perfect antidote.

Broadening the scope takes me out of my comfort zone when collaborating with tracks like this and it's often surprising what pops up as a result.

An eclectic track,perfect sound and always entertaining. Even the title is a grabber.

Reposting on da cloud,as there are loads of folk on there who will love this if they get to hear it.

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2022, 08:24:08 PM »
Hola @cowparsleyman

I'm glad to see you full of rhythm again.   

Good development!! I love that betga!!!

The mix is very balanced. I like it, maybe I would add more reverb to the led synth to give it more space, depth. I love the sax, it is an unexpected appearance, the second appearance of the sax I would put it before... At the changeover at approximately 6'50 minutes... I would put a lot of reverb on the cymbal so that it lands at that changeover without bada loose power.

I have had a nice time. To dance!!!!

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2022, 08:38:52 PM »
Well I certainly don't deserve any comments at all, having not been around much...but anyway

@pompeyjazz - Thanks Dude, yeah nice to be kind of around, it's been very busy here in CPM studios, nice to get a breath of fresh air... glad you dig...

@PaulyX - Wobbly bonkers, I have to weave that into my next dance track, (the lofi thang was a mellotron and a B3 organ ripped through a lovely MelloFi Arturia plugin) I like to get my kits out, there were LOADS of kits I can't emember how many but one was a pain to programme I rememeber. Me ol' mate Caz has it without Vox and I'll see what she can do when she gets some time...

@CaliaMoko - Glad it made you bounce V, one can't bounce enough, glad it inspired you, just don't fall through that floor where the fridge was...How about a strong kick to get rid of Timber Wolves on your Fender...

@Maya Clars - thank Maya, I try to keep fresh, I'm a bit like @Rightly - swim away from the other fish.. Glad you like it.

@rightly - Funny I wouldn't have thought it was charming, but there you go.

@Skub - Davy man, I've got a few like this on my SC profile, thanks for the repost, I can just see you and Vicki bouncing about on the dance floor.

@moraamarolaloba - thanks for the ideas, I'll look at them in the remix Mora, What a great idea, maybe reverse the stem, yeah that would work...

Should a cut down 7" version be called "Thong?"

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2022, 03:45:08 PM »
@cowparsleyman

Hi Rich, I listened to the whole 15 mins ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D. Seriously, enjoyed it great production and I liked the atonal parts especially. Some great sounds in there.I hope you gave your drummer a bonus...

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2022, 08:12:51 PM »
@Jamie - Cheeky… careful what you wish for, are you up for an extended remix of Supper’s Ready…

Were the drummer a session player, I’d be skint, well spotted, it was a lot of programming, but worth it. As for the atonal stuff, I dig that it kind of makes one feel uneasy in a good way, like a moment when the Mrs picks up the kitchen knife, lioks you in the eye, then slowly puts it down again…

How are you keeping Mr J? Great to hear from you.

Thanks for the production comments, really appreciate that. One does one’s best.

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2022, 05:09:29 PM »
@cowparsleyman what an epic journey through dance music! Always interesting constantly evolving, 7 plus minutes flew by! Each sound is a perfectly crafted morsel, the production is jaw dropping - really showing off your skillz Rich! The hours that must have gone into designing and refining these sounds must have been long but full of fun🤩… it was a joy to listen to - great job sir!👏👏👏
Sound formed in a vacuum may seem a waste of time...

StevieJ

• Open Mic
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2022, 02:56:37 PM »
Hey man I'm no expert on this kind of music but I liked what you've created here, the mix sounded really top notch and took me places around the 3/4 mark! nice work!