Injected

• 40 Replies

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
  • Follow me on Instagram (@mayaclars)
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2022, 01:30:20 PM »
@pompeyjazz

Thank you so so much for your words!! really happy to know :)

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2022, 01:31:37 PM »
@Skub

Thank you so much for your review! :))

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2022, 01:35:01 PM »
@PaulAds

Thank you so so much for your kind comment!! :)) Woow, I really appreciate you think my production is "better than the modern stuff". It's absolutely fine! thank you for your review!!

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2022, 01:36:08 PM »
@PaulyX

Ah, thank you very much!! So happy you liked the song :))

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2022, 01:37:03 PM »
@subvibe

Hello!

Thank you so much for your review! :))

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2022, 01:44:02 PM »
@LostBoy

Hello! :))

Thank you so so much for the words!! Happy you noticed the details in the song :))

It's going pretty alright, streams are rising. Maybe not that fast as I wanted it be, but I'm just happy with what I have. Will gain the streams little by little :)) Mmm, I can't say for the future... I'd love to be an independent artist, I'm stubborn, not a fun of control haha :) But who knows? Thank you so much for supporting my music career!! :))
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 02:01:50 PM by Maya Clars »

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2022, 01:44:48 PM »
@PeteS

Hello! :)

Ah thank you a lot for your words!! really appreciate it :)

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2022, 01:56:15 PM »
@bigFishAndTheSmallPondets

Thank you a lot for your long review!!

hahaha don't worry :) I mostly write lyrics about feelings, and they are not always dedicated to me. For e.g. this song is inspired by one blogger who shared her traumatic experience on YouTube. I'm an empath, sensetive person, just wanted to transfer her feelings through my song.

Thank you so much again!! :))
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 02:02:35 PM by Maya Clars »

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2022, 01:57:37 PM »
@MonnoDB

Thank you so so much! So happy to know you think my quality gets better! :))

jacksimmons

• Solo Gig
    • Jack Simmons Music Facebook Page
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2022, 02:07:36 PM »
If you keep going like this Maya I see no reason why you couldn't be preforming professionally in the future. This is a genuinely cool, interesting, witty pop song and I have to say - I'M JEALOUS.

I agree with some comments above that this has Billie vibes but honestly I like your voice more. I also think this song drives much more than Eilish's singles do - there's not a second of wasted space, there seems like there's a dozen sections but they are all super catchy. Honestly, with the material here you could have stretched it thin and written three tunes but you didn't and it's all the better for it.

This is really good. I look forward to hearing what you do next. And keep your head down, you could go far imo
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jack-simmons-1/albums
Bandcamp: https://jacksimmonsmusic.bandcamp.com/

"When I play a dope melody, anything less than the best is a felony." - Robert Matthew Van Winkle

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2022, 02:01:01 PM »
@jacksimmons

Omg thank you so much for your comment! It's really insane to hear, I'm so happy you like my voice! :))

Yeah, I was such a fan of Billie in 2017... She definitely has something to do with my music, I was so inspired by her :)

hahaha I'm trying to make songs meaningful, I believe songs should give listeners something to think about. Thank you for noticing the details!! :))

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2022, 04:49:00 PM »
@Maya Clars  another seriously impressive piece of pop perfection! Lyrically interesting and the super fast mid section I had trouble keeping up reading the lyrics, no idea how you managed to pronounce all that so quickly and clearly! Really like the live drum sound in this, it does make it stand out… yes there maybe an Eilish comparison to make but only in how clever, sharp and hooky this is - class!👌
Sound formed in a vacuum may seem a waste of time...

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2022, 10:42:50 AM »
Hi Maya,

This is excellent.
Whilst it sounds contemporary what I really admire is that you don't try to sound too much like any other of the popular artists.
You're not a wannabe.

The vocal from 1.38 to 1.50 odd is brill.

Fantastic talent - if there's any justice you'll be whatever you want to be.

Digger

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2022, 12:40:43 AM »
Maya..This is my favourite song of yours so far. It's a really nice mix of styles. There's some almost old school drums which gives it just a hint of rock n roll, but it's also very much of this time which is crucial as you are young and need to make an impression in the current scene. The instrumentation is great and your vocals and harmonies are spot on. Brilliant video too. I really enjoyed this one. Gonna to play it again! :)

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2022, 09:26:05 AM »
Love this one - the guitar and drums really bring a more indie pop vibe but it's still modern and the more spoken parts retain that urban feel.

Great lyrics too - especially the rhyming in the verses. The pain injected is a very vivid image, and I love the scarier than criminals line.