konalavadome

Going Under

• 25 Replies

Bankie

• Solo Gig
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2022, 11:41:18 PM »
Really appreciate the comments everyone. @PaulAds, Eric is Italian, so not a native English speaker. His pronunciations do come through but I think his voice is really well-suited to the track. He's amazingly versatile, and can also do metal growling REALLY well (something often done badly), but unlikely that I'll be writing anything along those lines, though I do love metal.

I feel the shackles are off a bit on my songwriting after doing this track. I'm just going to write what I like then find a singer to do it rather than try to keep everything in my own vocal range and ability.

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2022, 08:45:06 PM »
Man! This was fun to listen to! Very well executed all around really. Mix sounded great coming out of my phone speaker.

I loved the chorus especially! Catchy and similar vibe/ chord choices as a Muse track!

Nothing but love here mate! Well done indeed.🔥🤟🏻🔥🎶👊🏻🎶🤩🍻

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2022, 10:17:17 PM »
Wow that was a blast! Very rocking and took me back about 45 years when I used to listen to music like this. The verses are solid and well sung, but to me the choruses, and the latter half of the song are stronger and more interesting. I felt like the singer was straining a little, but that's not the issue, I just think the melody and lyrics were a little more musical outside the verse. Lyrically there's a fair bit that I don't understand, although I suspect I'm not meant to understand, I get the feeling that it's so more about a cumulative message than trying to understand specifics. I always try and "hear" these songs without the arrangement, as sometimes I think the big production hides the song, but hear it comes across loud and clear and strong. Off for another listen now!
West Country Country Boy

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2022, 12:08:43 PM »
This is a fab song @Bankie  . Great energy - love those guitars throughout- especially that repeated riff. Great vocal performance but I do agree with @paulyx that the verses sound a little thin as does the m8 (embrace a change of times) - his vox sound much stronger in the chorus but that could be because it’s lower. Those verses are high and he does a great job hitting those notes.

Having said that it’s a fantastic song and performance all round.

Actually I have it on a loop and just before it repeats the gap sounds fab - on my first listen I though you had a short stop there and thought ‘ooh cool stop’. Just a thought.

K

Bankie

• Solo Gig
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2022, 07:15:36 PM »
Lyrically there's a fair bit that I don't understand, although I suspect I'm not meant to understand, I get the feeling that it's so more about a cumulative message than trying to understand specifics.
@delb0y The song is a volley against the current movement against free speech, but the song can be read in different ways, and that's fine.

@LostBoy You've no idea how many run-throughs I went through to get it sounding ok on various speakers!

Thanks again everyone for the comments.

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2022, 10:47:09 AM »
Hi Bankie,

This is right in my ballpark; cracking dose of hard rock.

Love the ascending riffs.
The bass drives hard.
Really liked the vocal performance.

Awesome.

Digger

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2022, 12:21:35 PM »
Great guitars and energy from the drums. Nice idea to get a guest vocalist and yes the verses might sound a touch "telephoney" but I think that's a legit effect and helps with the contrast from verse to chorus.

Really great listen - sounds like you were really enjoying the new guitar (though if I had an ESP I would sound just like you of course (lol)).

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2022, 02:36:08 PM »
A bangin rock song, like where the voice is in the mix, the low guitar riff really hits you in the lugg holes, great stuff.
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2022, 12:57:09 PM »
@Bankie
Loads to like -  a proper modern rock song, heavy, energetic and melodic too.
Good work, shared with my 29 year old son, just up his street, before he goes to Download, which I know as Monsters of Rock!
:-)
neil
songwriter of no repute..

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2022, 07:16:47 PM »
@Bankie - superb bangin’ vibe, did I fall Asleep in a taxi in Frankfurt in 1986?

Nice ideas. Dig the tight end. On a phone the LVox could come a db or 2

Must get my mullet cut.

ProfessorFalken

• Busker
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2022, 08:12:08 AM »
I'm not the biggest hard rock fan in the world, but I can tell this a fabulously produced and performed track. The vocal is very powerful, and they needed to be due to the heaviness of the track. As others have said this would be great live.