konalavadome

I didn’t leave you

• 12 Replies

man made material

• Solo Gig
« on: June 24, 2022, 03:52:00 PM »
First new thing from me for a while, this one was different for me as I had no idea for subject matter before I sat down at the keyboard, I wanted to make something poppy, more uplifting and a bit dancey, ended up sounding like the Human League 😂 anyway it’s a bit of fun nonsense!
Lyrics:

I didn't leave you, but you left me

You left me alone on the dance floor,
Hot bodies all moving around,
searching the crowd as they want more,
moving to the beat of the sound.
Though the pulse of the room was infectious,
I felt like I was being drowned,
And though I scanned the room for your presence,
Not a sign of you could ever be found...

I really need you, but you can't see

You told all my friends I'd decided
That i didn't want your company,
But that's not the truth of the matter,
you were playing for their sympathy.
Now i analyse my new situation,
You took my friends along with my heart.
Can we find a way to make a connection?
My life is slowly being torn apart.

(Why did you go? Why did you go away?)

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/hkcXX36GJ8cgQ52w5
Sound formed in a vacuum may seem a waste of time...

Philipp

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 06:56:00 PM »
It's a good one. Really catchy chorus and good dancey lyrics going along. Somehow a 80ies sound, but I like really it. It sometimes is a little too busy for my ears. I think it is the arp. The beat like at 2:03 would have been really enough for me. But I'm kinda purist :-)
One last complaint: Use a little SC on the mix and the claps more upfront. The mix would really bounce!

But enough complaining. It is a really good song all in all, will definetely listen to it more than once!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 06:59:04 PM by Philipp »

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 09:54:26 PM »
These clever synths and the whole atmosphere take me back to a time when life was so much more inevitably joyous. Thank you! The repetition element to this is very infectious too, very catchy and makes you want to press replay.

Having heard a number of your tunes by now, consistent is what you are. Never a disappointment and always a treat! 👍
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

ProfessorFalken

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2022, 06:20:21 AM »
Ahhh, nothing like a slice of 80s style synthpop to get my toe tapping. I actually like the busy arrangement, it's a difficult thing to pull off. If I had to give one note it'd be to start the fade earlier and make the track slightly shorter.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2022, 12:35:54 PM »
Yo MMM.

Like the others,I dig the unmistakable 80s vibe,you do it well.

Much enjoyed the listen.

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2022, 12:58:54 PM »
Hi Material! A solid song. The instrumental is really filling up the space. Since im an outside to the genre I compare all to "The Great" The Knife. A rougher production of the vocals with a bit of distortion might bring it more to the front, but as more of a dance song its a good fit.

/Martin

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2022, 01:36:24 PM »
Hola @man made material
I like the sound that you have achieved here, it takes me to other places, years... The effect on the voice is great, everything is a very interesting fusion, everyone dances in that room

Stay well

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2022, 05:55:01 PM »
Ah ! Great to hear another one from you @man made material Yeah, I'm getting that Human League Dare type vibe. Add some oohs and ahhs and you're there. This is dead catchy and I'm liking the vocals processing - Don't know what you've used to achieve that - Some kind of vocoder I'm guessing. Fabulous stuff man

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2022, 02:30:59 AM »
This is so interesting and catchy sounding. Makes me tap my foot, for sure.

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2022, 09:24:21 PM »
This is a tasty synth pop nugget.  Like others have said, the effect on the vocals is great (and a bit of a trademark of yours?).  I think I'm on the fence about whether the production is too 'busy'... on the one hand I like the way this kind of shimmers and flutters with all that is going on in the higher registers, but on the other hand I could also imagine a version of this that was more bass-led and hard hitting.  Maybe that's an approach for the extended remix...?  Really enjoyed it though and interesting to hear something that is a little poppier than your recent album... it's good to mix it up a bit eh.  Nice one.
It's all too beautiful.

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2022, 12:55:22 AM »
It's kinda funny. Many of us have a style and an era that inspires us to do what we do. To me this is unashamedly 80's. Nothing wrong with that, especially when it's as well crafted as this. Yeah, I really enjoyed this. :)

Wicked deeds

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2022, 12:37:03 PM »
@man made material,

Yes, there's a definite human league vibe going on. If you can find a way to lift the vocal above the synth wizardry, this will have a great impact. It's always good ti hear artists reaching out of their comfort zone.  You've done a great job hear. Kudos.

Wicked

StevieJ

• Open Mic
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2022, 01:23:41 PM »
I echo other comments here, it's very catchy and the 80's sound is creeping back into modern music so in a way it kinda sounds pretty current to me.