Heya!

• 2 Replies

mage

• Busker
« on: March 09, 2022, 04:27:11 PM »
Greetings!  :)

My name is Matt, I'm 35 years old and I started "making" music about 3 years ago. My mom had died of cancer and I needed something to put my time and thoughts into, so I picked up the guitar. About 2 years ago I started taking singing more seriously, too.

I guess I'm a pop music guy, I grew up listening to all the 80s and 90s stuff, and I'm not ashamed to say that I still think that the Backstreet Boys and Britney Spears are awesome!   :D

Lately I've been suffering from some sort of impostor syndrome, thinking I'm kind of a fake Ed Sheeran for poor people, since I've used a lot of his songs to learn guitar and sing. I really started doubting myself and wouldn't call myself a "real" musician, because by definition a musician for me is somebody who is able to create music, and I was just copying it.

I don't feel satisfied learning to play other people's songs any more, I wanna do my own stuff, so here I am!  :)

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 05:15:59 PM »
Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on here when it comes to making music that will be happy to impart some of that knowledge!

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 08:46:39 AM »
Welcome to the forum @mage

You will find a wealth of information on everything you need to get up and running quickly - and feel free to ask ANY questions in the relevant sub forums

Don’t be afraid to just jump in and start reviewing songs - it is absolutely fine to just start with a few comments about anything you particularly like or don’t like about someone’s song

Just always phrase it as “in my opinion...” and follow it with WHY you like/don’t like something - and you can’t go too far wrong!
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic