‘BHS Twinset’ (For the 22 Challenge)

• 17 Replies

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2022, 01:36:05 PM »
I have to say I was quite partial to C&A myself, although I used to work at Littlewoods. (All those institutions gone - BHS, Woolies, C&A, Debenhams - soon we'll all be working for Amazon and there'll be no shops at all).

Anyway, great storytelling and I always appreciate your original lyrics - fashionista, biro/giro, and twinset, come to that. And great twist at the end.

Some lovely production touches too - the way the beat picks up around 50", the guitars - and that dirty solo.

Glad you returned to songwriting for this one!

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2022, 03:24:57 AM »
Well, that was quite a bit of fun! And, of course, well done. Plus, I always enjoy anything that encourages my unhealthy nostalgia habit. I won't go on about the production and playing and all that, which I basically know nothing about anyway, but it sounded great to me!

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2022, 09:57:58 PM »
Thanks for all the comments folks. I think this song helped warm me up a bit as it's so easy to get rusty after a period of non-activity.

@LostBoy , yeah well C&A was actually considered posh by some. Hopefully one day your songs will mean you only shop in Harrods! Thanks for the comment. :)

Nice one @Skub, all very kind, but will you teach me how to play guitar one day?  ;)

Hey @Jamie, I've finally made you listen to lyrics. Lap of honour for me  :D Thanks so much!

@MonnoDB, yep it was a good warm up song, not my best, but you've got to start somewhere. But at least it got me enthused once more! Thanks for the welcome back.  ;)

@Melusine2 - thanks for wondering about what my songs will do. It's a mystery to me too most of the time!  ;)

Hey @adamfarr, sorry for saying let's do a song together about 6 months ago - but I just lost my music mojo. Trying to get back in the saddle now, so who knows... Anyway, thanks for the listen and I never knew you were a Littlewoods man. I worked for their catalogue division back in the day.  :D

Hey @CaliaMoko, thanks for listening and so glad you thought it was an entertaining track!

My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860