konalavadome

A tribute to grunge part 5 (the final one!)

• 10 Replies

4Below

« on: December 09, 2021, 05:14:24 PM »
ok so as part of my wee project to pay tribute to the bands that influenced me as a young musician we get around to Stone Temple Pilots. These guys were a game changer for me as a fledgling singer I was struggling with most of the other songs my band covered - not that STP were easy to sing not by a long way but they were more singing than rock screaming and it was something I could definitely relate to more.
I knew I wanted an acoustic intro and a fade in and out but apart from that not much I jsut waited to see what would come together. My writing is usually a fairly quick process most of what I do is the product of maybe 1 days writing and a couple of days recording. Again I researched the band, their lyrics themes, styles and instrumentation and tried to write a song I could imagine the band performing without actually ripping them off.
I had a really cool video almost ready  for this but in the meantime here it is on soundcloud
9Ps this might be my favourite song of the 5 written for the EP but I am possibly alone in this lol
enjoy
https://soundcloud.com/user-214476590/gold?si=7b35f347ac8246f990fc5cb006e2d224&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

subvibe

• Solo Gig
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 09:05:41 PM »

Hi
Good Solid Rock song , a hint of the Seattle sound
the acoustic outro is a nice suprise

Good Stuff

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2021, 10:45:16 PM »
Yeah, I like this. The intro and outro are great and yet totally different from the rest of the track. A really well structured song. I hear numerous influences and I can well imagine this going down a treat at a festival. Great stuff :)

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2022, 09:59:02 PM »
Yo 4B, I've enjoyed all your grungey posts.  For some reason STP never really cut through for me unlike their peers, but I still liked this.  The intro and outro acoustic chords were lovely... intriguing chord sequences, a bit like Chris said though they almost felt like they belonged to different songs (the ones before and after this one on the album I guess!).  Voice sounds very cool too and also the high pitched guitar that comes in mid way to complement the fuzz underneath.  Doesn't quite top your Soundgarden tribute for me but it is still right up there.  Is the EP out?  I'd like to stream or download it all together somewhere if I could.
It's all too beautiful.

OleAnders

• Busker
  • Ole Anders Walseth
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2022, 04:57:36 PM »
That is very 90ies grunge sounding. A bit STP, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains like.
maybe the harmony vocals could be increased a bit (or is that just ecco of the main vocals)?
Anyway great song and performance and all. Great tribute!

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2022, 11:38:13 AM »
certainly grungey, commercial
Not my genre
but i do marvel at the skills in production and arrangement, it's got a lot going for it.

good stuff!
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

4Below

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2022, 09:31:29 PM »
Yo 4B, I've enjoyed all your grungey posts.  For some reason STP never really cut through for me unlike their peers, but I still liked this.  The intro and outro acoustic chords were lovely... intriguing chord sequences, a bit like Chris said though they almost felt like they belonged to different songs (the ones before and after this one on the album I guess!).  Voice sounds very cool too and also the high pitched guitar that comes in mid way to complement the fuzz underneath.  Doesn't quite top your Soundgarden tribute for me but it is still right up there.  Is the EP out?  I'd like to stream or download it all together somewhere if I could.

@PaulyX the album is on all streaming platforms, Spotify link
https://open.spotify.com/album/2yf4FwzCsKhRmFMhivMMFV?si=DhIMfamqSvu3claFPawWnA&utm_source=copy-link

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2022, 11:26:27 PM »
Thanks man, I’ve downloaded it off Deezer and will be rocking out to it round town tomorrow.
It's all too beautiful.

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2022, 10:37:16 PM »
4Below, the EP is GREAT! Had it on repeat today. The intro and outro to this last track make good sense in the context of the whole EP. A fine tribute to grunge... how about pushing on and finishing the full album?  :)
It's all too beautiful.

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2022, 01:18:52 PM »
Hola @4Below

I like your song, it's strong, the mix is very balanced as well as the rhythm and the voices, but maybe the electric guitars could have less volume?
Perhaps, as a suggestion from the listener's point of view, I would mute the electric guitars at times, giving those frequencies a rest...
Well, going out of my way of seeing things, I liked it a lot. Good job. When you make the video I will see it.

Stay well

Mora
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 01:21:49 PM by moraamarolaloba »
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

4Below

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2022, 04:25:21 PM »
Thanks man, I’ve downloaded it off Deezer and will be rocking out to it round town tomorrow.
Amazing ! thanks man