Songwriting Challenge 2022

• 41 Replies

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2022, 05:40:48 PM »
Hey guys,count me in as a maybe!

I'm as rusty as an old nail,but if I don't start doing something soon,I'll forget what all the buttons are for.

Due to an OS update I lost all my mastering plugins and I'm really struggling to get what I want to hear with new stuff. I hate having to work with new tools,when the old ones were just fine.

So,time and life permitting I'll try to lash up some old bollox to make you all look good.

Hope everyone is well and hopefully speak soon.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2022, 06:12:57 PM »
Fantastic!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2022, 06:33:17 PM »
Great to see a pretty enthusiastic response to this challenge and even better to see some old faces back on the forum.

Paul's Robot 22 has set the bar pretty high so really looking forward to hearing all of you interpretations. Haven't started mine yet although have got some rough ideas.

Just a reminder that when you have finished your song, post it under the finished songs section for review.

Cheers

John

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2022, 03:01:26 PM »
Might be in! (the last time I wrote a song was probably about 22 months ago … hey, maybe there’s an idea…)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2022, 06:22:55 PM »
That's a fabulous response to the challenge and it's still open. Looking forward to hearing the next submissions. The first two have been outstanding

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2022, 01:52:29 PM »
@pompeyjazz - I might do something, I have got some ideas, might take a while (you know me Johnno)

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2022, 02:46:01 PM »
I'm still working on mine. Practicing production. And finding it really difficult to get things to mesh. I'm now resorting to notating out the melody and think I will do so with the bass line as well.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2022, 12:37:00 PM »
Brilliant entries so far…I was wondering if we can tempt anyone else to drag themselves over the finish line on this one? 😀

I spent an lovely hour or so yesterday working with Vicki on her entry for the “22” challenge and it made me determined to get my idea together…so I’ve been doodling about with it this morning a bit and hope to be able to record it tonight and maybe get it posted then too, with a bit of luck.

Anyone else?

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2022, 02:05:17 PM »
I'm soooo close! I have a few family goings on these next weeks but will try to keep plugging away...

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2022, 03:51:37 AM »
Hi guys,
I started mine 3 weeks ago, and then I got covid, so that threw a wrench in the mix. Now I'm wondering if it's any good at all ::)

I'm starting to  feel a little better now, so hopefully I'll get back at it asap  :o

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2022, 10:07:37 AM »
Good luck, @adamfarr and @crystalsuzy it’d be great if you can get something cooked up for us.

My plan hit the buffers as I’ve lost my voice again…I’ve recorded the music though, and finalised the lyrics…and should be ok to get it done at the weekend. The FAWM thing has taken a hit too…aarrgghh 😀