Songwriting Challenge 2022

• 41 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2022, 03:23:14 PM »
Cool - That makes 6 so far. Let's leave it open for another week as @PaulAds says so others have an opportunity to join in  :)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2022, 03:57:49 AM »
Hmmm? Count me in as well. Hopefully I can come up with something  :-\

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2022, 11:55:41 AM »
Cool,  I'm done! at least with the writing task that is!  This one might even tempt me to come out of retirement to fully embellish my guitar and vocal into a full musical production!

Paul

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2022, 01:04:52 PM »
I've definitely finished this task as well as the production.  It was fun but also hard work.  It'sdefinitely a mood song and is now up on my soundcloud page under the tile of "Robot 22."  It might need a few days to rest and perhaps I'll add one or two extras but maybe not.

Great challenge John!

Paul

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2022, 07:16:50 PM »
So we can get some more occasional songwriters involved, how about we make the deadline on this the middle of Feb? So that’s maybe one more week for folk to sign up, then a four weeks creation window.

Maybe people can start posting songs in Songs For Review from First week of Feb, so they get a proper listen. Sometimes we’ve put the songs all in one thread but they hardly get a notice. So let’s show ‘em off properly 😀

How about these ideas @pompeyjazz? - seeing as you seem to be the man on this (plus many other things of course. 😉 )
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2022, 08:23:48 PM »
22/2/22 sounds like a great deadline.

Hopefully some of the members out of practice - such as me! - will have plenty of time to get something together in that timescale.

So if you’ve not been around here for a while, why not make this a way of getting back into the swing of things! 👍
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2022, 01:24:35 AM »
22/2/22 sounds like a very auspicious deadline! I'm one of those 'out of practice' members. I started working on something the other night and thought

great, I've made some headway, until I listen to it the next day! Not so good!  ::) I'm more out of practice than I thought, so will

definitely need the extra time ;D  :D

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2022, 07:14:23 AM »
Persuading more than a handful of songwriters to get involved in a very friendly, low-key, zero-pressure songwriting challenge is proving quite a challenge in itself 😀

I’d love to see a few more folks give it a go…
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2022, 11:36:32 AM »
Great idea and I'll watch with interest nut I'm probably too busy to write one myself, but you never know🤣
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2022, 12:26:46 PM »
I think we should just leave it open for anyone who wants to join and gently remind folks every once in a while,
and maybe put it in the finished songs section :)   

SlavaB

• Open Mic
  • Born to Rock
    • Official Web Site
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2022, 09:19:38 PM »
Im up for it 👍 especially got free February for the first time in years. Count me in please 🔱

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2022, 03:34:39 PM »
Well, we've got 8 people who have expressed an interest in the challenge - It's simple really, compose a song around the theme "22" You can interpret this as you want. With regard to the closing date, I know that some folks would like more time, so maybe we declare the challenge open now and when you have completed your song, post in the finished songs section. This is NOT a competition, it's an exercise to see how many different wonderful creations can be sculptured around a very lose theme.

Please feel free to participate. I must say that it seems like pretty hard work to drum up enthusiasm for any kind of challenge. We've had all sorts of challenges in the past and also a song of the month feature which have all seemed to die a death,

Give it a go !!!

Cheers

John

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2022, 11:06:51 PM »
Thanks for organising us Pomps... 8 is fine innit... If more want to join then great, but anyway 8 variations on the theme will be really interesting to hear... and Wicked Deeds has already set the bar high!  Just started construction on mine... it's gonna be called "Twenty To" not "22" I think, hope that still counts!
It's all too beautiful.