konalavadome

Life... & Circulation...

• 6 Replies

Fletch

• Busker
  • So this is me...
    • Soundcloud
« on: February 01, 2022, 01:37:40 PM »
As JL said... "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans.”...  Been so busy, so I apologies if I've not 'shared the love' as much I should of...  :-[

I have managed to knock out a new kinda 'protest tune' though...  I hope you like it...  (I know a few Bum notes, as I tried to play it 'Live'... But Hey...  ;) And I'm not sure 'enlight' is a real word either...  ;))

Creation, of you all
The birth, of your soul
Evolution, of your seeds
Nurturing, all your… needs

Cultivate, what earth provides
Abundance, in the tides
Nature, you understand
Respect your place, in our… lands

Learn, to live as one
Gently, the rhythm begun
Appreciate  natural life
In harmony, blossom and… thrive

Your painted eyes and your painted lips
The pale pink of your fingertips
What catches your gaze and draws you in
What do you see, as mankind begins
Circulation
Circulation

Crown a King, quick to maim
Find a God, use his name
Arrogance, believe your right
Crusade, to… enlight

Progress, by war and greed
The price, those who bleed
Avarice, at all costs
Disregard, the balance you’ve… lost

Rape the land, and the seas
Destroy the rivers, and the trees
Poison, the air you breath
Ruin, is what you… leave

These painted eyes, know the fury
My world will cleanse, and consume your glory
Forgotten lore, is what I grant
Lands returned, for another chance
Circulation
Circulation

Echo’s, of her grace
Enter, a reverent race
Evolution, of their seeds
Nurturing, all their… needs

Forgotten lore, is what I bring
Lands returned, to Gaia’s new kings
Circulation
Circulation

Hope you're all well...
Just telling a few little stories...

Soundcloud... https://soundcloud.com/fletch-871251035

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 01:03:43 PM »
Hola @Fletch

It's the first song I hear today and it moved me, its message is beautiful, I enjoyed it a lot and I got a little sad but that's okay, the heart has to move in many ways, right?

Stay well
Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

Fletch

• Busker
  • So this is me...
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 01:23:55 PM »
Hola @Fletch
It's the first song I hear today and it moved me, its message is beautiful, I enjoyed it a lot and I got a little sad but that's okay, the heart has to move in many ways, right?
Hola Mora, como estas...?

Umm... I've tried writing song that aren't sad...  I just can't do it, it's way to hard for me...!  (Guess that says something about my heart...!)

Thank you for taking the time to listen, and I'm glad you enjoyed it.. :)
Just telling a few little stories...

Soundcloud... https://soundcloud.com/fletch-871251035

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2022, 12:09:05 PM »
Very nice indeed.

Is the guitar downtuned, perhaps? I very much liked how it sounds like the guitar strings are really loose, if that makes any sense at all!

It’s quite polite, as protest songs go…I’m probably a little more “radgie” in that regard.

Going off on one, as I often do, always meant to be lighthearted and conversational…I hated Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell…those last two not because of their current positions…comical though they are…but I just never bought into them at all. They all seemed to have an eye on the main chance…and didn’t actually really challenge or change anything…and lined their pockets massively giving false hope to the plebs they left in the dust. Wankers, one and all, if you ask me…which nobody did 😀

I think if any of those people were any sort of genuine threat, they’d never have gotten anywhere. I think I’ve rambled on here before about how - it seems to me - the establishment gained full control and kicked the shit out of the human rights movement while Dylan and his ilk were wittering on about it, producing wonderful words of noble resistance and achieving absolutely fuck all.

Anyway…sorry about that!

I saw you mentioned that you haven’t been able to be as active as you might…and I can’t help thinking that you’re certainly not alone in that. There is, of course, only really one way to address that. Most folks on here love getting a couple of listens and comments just as much as I’m sure you do. Not so much the curmudgeonly grizzled old bastards like myself…I’m not really too bothered, to be honest…but trying to find a little time to offer a bit of encouragement to some of the other writers here goes an awfully long way towards getting yourself more feedback and encouragement…if that’s what you’re after? I know it’s hard to find the time and also can be hard to write reviews sometimes. It’s always worth giving it a go though? It’ll be appreciated, I’m sure.

Anyway, please take what I say with a pinch of salt. Just one fellas opinion.

This is a good song, nicely played and carefully sung. It sounds really genuine and earnest, and it’s well-recorded into the bargain.

Great avatar too, btw 😀
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 06:32:34 PM »
You’ve got a lovely voice, great depth - which I didn’t expect given your oddball avatar - which will bring a love it/hate it response.

Nice picking and subtle overlay of the bass when it comes in. Poetic lyrics to top the whole thing off. The ‘circulation’ refrain reminded me of Joy Division of all things, despite the singer songwriter presentation 🙄 But it certainly has quite a hypnotic effect by the end. Interesting!
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 07:31:19 PM »
Hi Fletch, I found this another hypnotic, calming piece. There were a few points where I felt the rhythm of the words stumbled / felt rushed, where it sounded like a two syllable word would fit better (creation and disregard for example). Like your last one I like the intimacy of the vocal... feels like you’re on a stool two feet in front of me in a folk club. Lyrically I don’t really follow it to be honest... I think it is an eco-parable? But some verses seem to have a positive message, others negative... I’m not too clear on the message (unless that’s the point... that things circulate from good to bad?). Anyway not understanding it didn’t detract from enjoying it.  Nice work.
It's all too beautiful.

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2022, 12:07:43 AM »
Terrific song. Nice picked guitar which works well in stripped back arrangement like this. I struggled to hear one or two words, otherwise a very nice vocal. This is a very nice recording too. An interesting piece which I thoroughly enjoyed. :)