The Monster Jab! New Video added!

• 24 Replies

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2022, 04:04:30 AM »
@crystalsuzy - Brilliant! totally captivating, I can imagine a collab bvetween you and @rightly

It sort of reminded me of Bohemian Rhapsody, the way it moved between scenes, but musically it's really cool.

Great to hear from you again Suzy

#cowparsleyman
I must not forget to get you on the payroll

I'm fabulously talented, no doubt, as is Suzy, needless to say
if she can use me I can be found.
LOL! You are no doubt talented...me...well...I have my doubts. I also can be found if you think you can use me.

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2022, 10:58:17 AM »
@crystalsuzy, straight from the laboratory of experiments comes 'The Monster Jab', it's a welcome blast of cool, light-hearted fun!

Lovely twist in the middle; a delightful melodic treat!

Excellent!

Paul

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2022, 11:00:50 AM »
My son in law made this video to go with this song. I hope you enjoy and find it humorous  :) :)

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2022, 12:15:54 PM »
fact is indeed stranger than fiction
and this video is great!!!

permission to share

you're mad in an agreeable way!

y'know don't tell me Not to share the video
I'll take that as permission to share it. This is what waiting looks like!
lol.

Good work Suzzy, keep shining!
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2022, 03:39:39 PM »
@crystalsuzy

Hi CS, if I'd heard this without knowing it was you, I'd have known it was you. Great fun and a lovely pastiche of styles. Lyrically fun. I also agree with the comments on the overall sound, but it didn't;t detract from the enjoyment.
Nice one CS!

Cheers

Jamie

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2022, 12:44:59 AM »
Hiya Suzy!! So good to hear a song of yours again….it’s been too long!🤩🎶👍🏻🎶 I always enjoy your wild and wacky creations…this was a lot of fun to listen to….I wonder if on the strength of this some may dress up as crabs and try and get in the pub unvaccinated??🤪😆🤦🏼‍♂️ Well done mate!🍻👊🏻

Thanks so much Leo. I'm glad you appreciate my wild and wacky creations. If you get a chance to watch the video, you'll notice the dancing crabs at the end...lol!

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
  • Follow me on Instagram (@mayaclars)
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2022, 09:30:05 PM »
As for the mix, it seems to me that maybe it's needed to lower the level of the vocals and raise the musical accompaniment. In some moments the voice covers the music.
The vocal itself is very original, great for the theme.
Well, "shi bom, shi bom" is an eternal classic that will always sound fantastic!

Maya

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2022, 06:01:34 PM »
Yo Suzy.

Still as madcap as ever,judging by this epic offering!

Finding humour in a crap situation is a very human trait and some are better at the 'joke with a jag' thing which is very much your forte.

Thanks for the laugh.   8)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2022, 11:15:09 AM »
Hi Suzy, lovely pastiche of 50s styles.  I particularly liked the section that starts with "life could be a dream"... that's pretty (works well with or without the comedy of the lyrics).  Hilarious closing line too about the crabs... I dig it when your tracks get surreal.  Mix sounded good, I did like the effect on the main deep voice but once or twice I couldn't make out what it was saying without reading the lyrics, maybe something to help that cut through the mix a little more would be good.  Had loads of fun listening to this.
Hi PaulX, Sorry I've taken so long to thank you for your very kind comments. I know what you mean about the low vocal not coming through clearly in some spots. That's why I have the word in the video. I'm not very good at EQ, but I did work on it a bit. I really liked singing the Sha Boom section. I should write more 50's tunes. LOL!

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2022, 02:22:37 AM »
@crystalsuzy, straight from the laboratory of experiments comes 'The Monster Jab', it's a welcome blast of cool, light-hearted fun!

Lovely twist in the middle; a delightful melodic treat!

Excellent!

Paul
Thanks Paul, I'm glad the lighthearted vibe came through loud and clear, cause that was one of my main intentions. Lighten things up around this subject. The middle was fun to do.