Hi Folks... :)

• 7 Replies

Fletch

• Busker
  • So this is me...
    • Soundcloud
« on: December 03, 2021, 05:21:23 PM »
 Hello all,

I've no idea really if this is the right place for me, but I guess only time will tell if SF flicks my switch, inspires and helps me, or even if I can help others.  But I thought it might be a good idea to introduce myself to start with at least...  :)

My name is Fletch and I live on the South Coast in England... I first got into music just under 4 years ago, when my wife bought me a Guitar...!  So I started learning to play that online, then I started to sing along.  To everyone's surprise it seems I sing better than I play!  I started writing my own tunes a couple of years ago and I really enjoy the expression found writing lyrics.  Again I've had no formal training in this, or anything else musical, so there's a good chance I'm doing it all wrong... ;D

That's it...  I'm not a great Guitarist, but fortunately I have friends that are.. :)  They push me and often play and sing along, bringing there own skills & imagination to my songs, making it a far more pleasant offering to listen to  ;D

So that's about it...  So 'Hello' SF world...  :) 

I've added a link to my latest tune 'Muse' below.  I hope if you take the time to listen, you enjoy it... (I mostly recorded Live'ish, simply with a Boss Acoustic Singer Amp, nothing fancy, just acoustic guitars and singing... with the odd twist...  ;))  There is also a link to my complete Soundcloud offerings in my signature and website profile.

Anyways...  Thank You folks...  Be Cool... 

« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 12:10:25 PM by Fletch »
Just telling a few little stories...

Soundcloud... https://soundcloud.com/fletch-871251035

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 12:57:24 PM »
Hola @Fletch
Nice to meet you! I like a lot your avatar!
It has been a nice listening, your voice is very cool and full of nuances and the guitars sound well too but it would be great if you could put the lyrics and comment on the songs of others, exchanging opinions with each other is an excellent way to learn from everyone.
Welcome to this boat!!!

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

Fletch

• Busker
  • So this is me...
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2021, 02:40:39 PM »
Hello and thank you for the welcome Mora... :) (@moraamarolaloba)

Lyrics for Muse below...  :)

Stay I’ve another song to sing
Stay I’ve another hope to bring
Stay I’ve another verse to cite
Stay I’ve another wrong to write

Stay I’ve another scene to paint
Stay I’ve another dream to break
Stay I’ve another scream to share
Stay I’ve another forgotten prayer

I can’t make that advance
I can’t talk or take that chance
I can’t risk falling in love with you
That is more than I already do

Stay my Muse my spirit tonight
Stay my Muse my guiding light
Stay my Muse my inspiring friend
Stay my Muse my imagined end

(Chorus)

More than I already do

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2021, 08:00:38 PM »
Hi @Fletch - welcome to the forum! :)

Lovely song concept ... good lyrics - clever turns of phrase.

The song itself is gentle and soothing.. I really like your vocal and the simplicity of the arrangement really works with the song.

Very touching and kinda sad the verse (?) about not being able to risk falling for your muse.. and the twist at the end.. V Clever..

Really look forward to hearing more from you - dive into the forum and listen to others - that's how it rolls here.. It's a bit quiet at the mo but hopefully it will pick up..

Again, welcome!

Karen.

Fletch

• Busker
  • So this is me...
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2021, 09:07:07 AM »
Thank you for you're Kind words Karen (@MonnoDB)

The Lyrics...  Yes, the Chorus is a little sad...  Guess writing is like Therapy, it allows us to exercise the Ghosts of the past.  Just select memories (the ones that put you in a good light obviously...  ;)), then merge them into your current environment, and Hey Voila...! 

'Simple arrangement'...  I only do simple...  Simple and repetitive...  Nothing fancy...    :D

Again, Thank you...  Be Cool...  8)

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2021, 12:00:25 PM »
@Fletch,

You do indeed have. A fine voice!  Welcome to the world of music composition where dreams and hopes are laid bare and great satisfaction is often gained.  This is a fine presentation of your music.  I will look forward to hearing more from you.

Paul

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2021, 03:12:52 PM »
Hi @Fletch Welcome to the forum. I like the rich tone of your vocal and the simplistic arrangement of the backing track. Very effective. I'm sure that you will find the forum an interesting place

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2021, 03:24:30 PM »
Hi Fletch,

Welcome to the forum.
You do indeed have a strong voice. It certainly delivers the vocal with authority.
Very nice guitar; nothing to overly busy or eager to steal the limelight from the lyrics.
I might have had the lead melody a touch higher and the rhythm picking a touch lower.

Cool song. Loving the melancholy.

Digger